Thumbs down Best Buy did not track, AGAIN
    Over the last several months I have placed orders with Best Buy and have them delivered to the store to pickup. This is the 3rd that did not track. Placed order 12/21/2009 and picked up the same day. I sent an e-mail to Best Buy on 12/24/2009 and haven't heard anything because of the holidays. I wonder how many others I have not gotten credit for!!!
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

I just posted in my thread from months ago about Best Buy not tracking that I had items that shipped back around the beginning of December and I sent them an inquiry a few days after that. It's been 2 weeks and they still have not replied back. I just sent them another email.

This is the second time that I have to send multiple emails to Best Buy just to get credit for an affiliate transaction. First time they eventually gave me credit, but never gave a reason as to why it didn't track in the first place.

What good is manual credit if you can't get the same for transactions you *don't* know about?
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

For the month of November we had 9 members file disputes with us for not getting Best Buy credits. Once we submitted them through the CJ interface, they were all approved. We had about 25 sales total. So that means almost 1/3 of ours did not track properly.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

I sent a 2nd letter to the address listed and just got this reply - "The missing order below will be submitted to Best Buy on Monday 1/4 for further investigation. Once submitted please allow up to two weeks for a response and reply. "
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

I recall BB had some update to there system for tracking, but I guess its not working that great!

I've always wonder how do affiliate links and there reward zone work together ... double points / commissions? Or dump the affiliate and reward there zone members .. who knows ..
    OpA! Giasou Ti kanies!

I noticed a *MAJOR* discrepancy between November and December with Best Buy. In November I gave them several thousand clicks and got a .02% conversion rate. In December I gave them a similar number of clicks and got over 100x as many sales. I just can't believe this is normal shopping activity as they told me through email. How can I see a one-hundred-fold increase in sales from one month to the other with the same amount of traffic?

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I've sent Best Buy over 1000 Clicks & not one conversion. Never seen that with any other merchant. Pretty targeted Price Comparison/Product Traffic too.

Something ain't right.

Quote Originally Posted by boningroup
    I sent a 2nd letter to the address listed and just got this reply - "The missing order below will be submitted to Best Buy on Monday 1/4 for further investigation. Once submitted please allow up to two weeks for a response and reply. "
    It's almost 2 weeks and no response. I have stopped adding Best Buy items to my sites.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

Best Buy did give me credit a couple of weeks ago and sent an email the next day saying it was a valid affiliate order. However, no reason was given as to why it didn't track... again.

It took almost a month to receive the reply and get the credit, so it may take a little more than the 2 weeks they say.

Looks like another faulty month at Best Buy. Another substantial drop in conversions from last month. These aren't just statical anomalies either because we send considerable traffic their way.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Sounds like Best Buy's customer service is as horrendous as their return policy, or their geek squad service. Equal opportunity service of consumers and affiliate marketers.
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; March 21st, 2010 at 10:52 AM.
    Brasco
    Production/Programming Afficionado-[URL="http://www.webmasterradio.fm"]WebmasterRadio.FM[/URL]

I guess I can't learn. Placed another order with Best Buy with the SAME RESULTS. No credit. Order placed 9/14, delivered 9/16 and nothing. Here I go again chasing a commission down. Think it time to get rid of this problem.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

After reading this thread, I can't imagine why any affiliate would continue to promote Best Buy. With the number of tracking issues that they have and their lack of response to the majority of complaints and inquiries, I find it hard to believe that their tracking "errors" are truly errors. This is definitely a program to avoid.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rematt View Post
    After reading this thread, I can't imagine why any affiliate would continue to promote Best Buy. This is definitely a program to avoid.

-rematt
    Been the same complaints since I started coming to ABW - I have avoided them like the plague and thankful to not have yet another problem merchant to have to watch closely.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Same problem here with BestBuy
    Sent them an Email about one month ago but never got an answer. I guess I won't even get one. To sad a such a company plays unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by boningroup View Post
    Over the last several months I have placed orders with Best Buy and have them delivered to the store to pickup. This is the 3rd that did not track. Placed order 12/21/2009 and picked up the same day. I sent an e-mail to Best Buy on 12/24/2009 and haven't heard anything because of the holidays. I wonder how many others I have not gotten credit for!!!
    I will not purchase anything from Best Buy anymore because everytime I do something goes wrong!
    Last edited by nicole11kt; September 21st, 2010 at 03:35 PM.

I have pulled Best Buy from all of my sites. This is the response I got from CJ "We submit missing orders to Best Buy on the 1st and 15th of each month. This order will be submitted for review on the 1st."
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

Affiliate Manager ParadigmWilliam's Avatar
    They have a new tracking system that only pays if you know you sent them a sale. It works really well for Best Buy.
    [URL="http://www.manageaffiliatelinks.com/"][COLOR="Red"][B]Manage Affiliate Links[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Redirect Dead, Expired, or Broken Links

[URL="http://www.wpcoupon.com/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]WP Coupon[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Turn Wordpress into a Coupon Site!

Well I have pulled Best Buy weeks ago and now can not get a response from them. I wonder how many other people are getting ripped off by Best Buy. Of course you have to deal directly with a CJ account manager and not directly with Best Buy.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

ABW Ambassador
    I know this thread is 930 days old.

I'm wondering if any of you still experiencing the tracking issue with BestBuy.

The reason I asked is because I'm thinking about adding a few BestBuy products onto my sites. It worries me if the tracking is still not functioning properly.

Quote Originally Posted by mayfly View Post
    I know this thread is 930 days old.

I'm wondering if any of you still experiencing the tracking issue with BestBuy.

The reason I asked is because I'm thinking about adding a few BestBuy products onto my sites. It worries me if the tracking is still not functioning properly.
    Better but still not 100%. We probably file disputes maybe once or twice a month now. So we do have SOME (which we do not with all merchants), but not nearly as many as we used to. They definitely cleaned it up.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

23. Thanks From:

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread