Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Scott Richter (and presumably his slimy sidekick) who star in this thread at ABW are suing SpamCop (my heroes) - apparently because SpamCop actually does a decent job at filtering spam and getting Richter's accounts terminated.

There's a useful article here about it all.

If you get a lot of smap, simply so a search in your mailbox for "OptinRealBig" and I bet you'll be suprised out how much crap he sends out.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Excellent find Dynamoo!

HUMMMM

I wonder if we can use Scott Richter’s legal strategy?????

"Tortuous Interference with Contract, Interference with Contractual Relationship, Intentional Interference with Prospective Economic Advantage, Negligent Interference with Prospective Economic Advantage, Unfair Competition, Trade Libel and asked the Court for Injunctive Relief." Richter is asking for $1 million in damages. "

<span class="ev_code_RED">AGAINST </span> WhenU/1800/Ncase and all the rest. Lets all gather and start filing suits for a million per site affected and see how much money we can make?

Oh, that thread! I remember that one pretty well. What scum!

@ Sandra: "Tortuous Interference with Contract, Interference with Contractual Relationship, Intentional Interference with Prospective Economic Advantage, Negligent Interference with Prospective Economic Advantage, Unfair Competition"

My attorney mentioned some of those exact same things, plus a few others in regards to the software cookie poppers.

Ultimately, I do believe it is coming to the point where a suit must be filed...

Andy

http and a telephoto
    I don't have an attorney, but maybe someone could start a class action suit? Is that something that would cover this stuff? Sorry, not very eloquent tonight.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Imagine the fun to be found during the discovery process? :^)

ABW Ambassador
    I wonder if Google and there soon to be new shareholders can use any of that. Since these applications pop advertising over search results, Adwords ads, Adsense etc.

I like traffic lights
    My heart's flat out pumping piss right now...

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,...786931,00.html

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

hehehehehe, right after congress passed the tougher bankruptcy laws.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Added: just trying to find the original thread... here it is - one of the best threads ever at ABW.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

ABW Ambassador
    Go get em Bill. Big boys handling big boy problems

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Ya gotta love the heat turning up on the powers who think gorilla marketing is the top banana..... Things are just starting to heat up!!

The 5-year-old company, which employed 25 people last year and had 350 clients, will continue to operate under Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, he said.

Microsoft officials called the filing a victory. "Microsoft and the state of New York said we would drive him into bankruptcy, and together we have," said Aaron Kornblum, Microsoft's Internet safety enforcement attorney. "The kind of spam Mr. Richter was sending was not only annoying, it was illegal, and the law sets out penalties for this kind of illegal activity."

The legality of OptInRealBig.com's e-mail messages hasn't yet been determined by the Washington state court where the Microsoft suit has been handled, Steven Richter said.

Microsoft, the world's largest software developer, along with Spitzer, the famed New York attorney general, sued OptInRealBig.com and Scott Richter in December 2003, seeking nearly $40 million.

ROLMAO
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Oh my! (Giggling madly, clutching sides!)

Now all Mr. Richter needs is a bad case of boils and a pool full of frogs and I'd say he's all set.

Big question here...who's falling down with him? Anybody we know, perhaps? :roflmao:

.... http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...t=optinrealbig and the affiliate world thinks ABWers have no power. Read all those 11 pages again and sure looks like we were spot on calling for a downward spiral of this spam farmer.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I like traffic lights
    Given that I'm cheering on Microsoft right now is a hint how much I loathe spammers. :^)

ABW Ambassador
    Woo Mother F'ing Hoo

Never before have I felt so good about another man's failure.

Chet

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    and the affiliate world thinks ABWers have no power
    No such thing. LOL for ABW and Microsoft

Time to sit back & watch the show! :
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Amazing for those millions Bill Gates got 3 weapons in his version of the Adwhore wars. www.giantcompany.com brought Microsoft their Anti Spyware and huge forum for outing the perps, Spam blocker for OutLook and Outlook Express, and a class act Pop-up blocker. Add in the ground roar of surfers & shoppers demanding someone's head on a stake of hijacked systems and infernal BHO popups. They demand sane e-mail practices, safe choices in sites to surf, no un-announced popups -unders, drive by Adware installs and a plain clear notice for any freebee download site stating the diaper load their thrusting on the endusers system....boldly. These folks want some heads to roll....NOW!

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Folks in Hawaii are going to be PISSED. I heard they love Spam over there.

Keep in mind that filing Chapter 11 is not closing down....it is just avoiding the bill collectors....reduces some potential liability for outstanding judgements, etc.

Essentially it is Optin thumbing their noses at Microsoft and saying come and get me, our money is in the hands of the judge so you can't get at it.
    Chris Mayr
    When amassed, even dust can become a mountain.

There is a finite amount of intelligence but an infinite amount of stupidity in the universe

Well MS and the other biggee lawyers know right where to dig for the funds making a greed driven adwhore suffer his worse dream.....attorney bills..&..Can-Spam snoopers seeking injunctions.

Quote Originally Posted by cmayr23
    Keep in mind that filing Chapter 11 is not closing down....it is just avoiding the bill collectors....reduces some potential liability for outstanding judgements, etc.
    True, but it's certainly a step in the right direction. MS aren't a creditor, remember, so they've managed to get Richter scurrying for Chapter 11 protection purely through the pressures of paying for lawyers. It's going to get increasingly difficult to do business under Chapter 11 too, unless Richter comes up with some definite plan.. but I can't see any way his business can recover from the hole he's in.

There's more to Scott Richter's business empire than OptInMyArse, there's CPAempire and the thing that ties all the spamming operations together, Wholesale Bandwidth. I don't know which parts of the business have filed for Chapter 11 though - it could be that his business operations (which we've already determined seem to be at least partly offshore in places like the Ukraine) are complex enough so that if one part goes bust, the others will continue.

There's a good page here - http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/m...es/004557.html - with links to some of the bankruptcy documents and other stories. Interestingly is shows Cydoor as a creditor - who are know for pushing parasiteware.

Microsoft *is* listed as a disputed creditor in the documents, to the tune of a cool $20 mil.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I refrained from being the one to throw this wet towel, "filing Chapter 11 is not closing down."

But now I can't resist bringing up the OTHER wet towel! Before you get too excited about all those expected "attorney fees," remember the article said Richter's lawyer is also his FATHER!

I doubt Dear Old Dad is actually going to charge too much, even though he'll almost certainly list tons of "attorney fees" for any filings that come up
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    Now all Mr. Richter needs is a bad case of boils and a pool full of frogs and I'd say he's all set.
    ROFL!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast