Angry Is GAN Going to Steal My Commissions
    Hi received this email from GAN today:
    Hello,
    On December 30th, you will receive your final payment from our legacy system. Your final payment will include any remaining affiliate commissions of $50 or greater owed through October 2009, barring any funds in dispute due to ongoing bankruptcy proceedings.
    Google Affiliate Network Publisher Support.

So if I have less than $50 owing, will GAN be STEALING my commissions?

2. Thanks From:

I was told through an email that the threshold will be adjusted so that outstanding payments can be made from the old system.

I don't believe GAN plans to keep any outstanding balances under $50.00.
    I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Bud Lite than Kay.

Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by suzie250
    I was told through an email that the threshold will be adjusted so that outstanding payments can be made from the old system.

Thanks.
    BUT Why does GAN specifically state in their email to me "$50 or greater"?

Maybe I'm missing something. When affiliates make sales, doesn't the merchant submit payment to GAN monthly? Doesn't the merchant submit affiliate commissions earned and the network fee?

So GAN has been paid our commissions. Isn't it STEALING if they don't pay us what we've earned?

I just received this email form GAN in reply to my email asking if they will STEAL my commissions:

Hello,
    Per our network terms & conditions, we only make payment once you reach a
    threshold of $50.00.

The problem here is that these people terminated me with other affiliates becuase we couldn't get ADCRAP accounts.
    I didn't close my account. I didn't violate their terms. Their merchants paid them for commissions I earned and now they are going to steal my commissions.

They are going to STEAL our money. That's dishonest and unethical.

This is the most dishonest company I've ever dealt with. They are horrible human beings!

You really should chill out, relax, and figure out how to resolve the situation without getting all emotional. Horrible human beings? Seriously? We get that you don't like Google, but you're not helping your situation by putting "steal" in all caps. They haven't stolen anything, and whether or not they will remains to be seen.

There's an answer. You need to find it. Yes, per the terms, under normal circumstances they pay out once you hit $50. These aren't normal circumstances.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel M. Clark
    You really should chill out, relax, and figure out how to resolve the situation without getting all emotional. Horrible human beings? Seriously? We get that you don't like Google, but you're not helping your situation by putting "steal" in all caps. They haven't stolen anything, and whether or not they will remains to be seen.

There's an answer. You need to find it. Yes, per the terms, under normal circumstances they pay out once you hit $50. These aren't normal circumstances.
    I did email asking if they would pay my commissions that are less than $50 and I posted their response. Considering how badly they treated many members in good standing by dumping them, why would I chill out and give them the benefit of the doubt. How do you deal with these people? I've tried being nice and wuss before and they pissed all over me and many other ABW members.

ABW Ambassador

+1

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by suzie250
    +1

Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by redtagdeals
    +1
    Most of us didn't take GAN at their word that they would drop affiliates who couldn't link their acounts to Adsense.

These days I take GAN at their word.

They responded to my question and clarification about the $50 threshhold. So why would I think they were making this up.

Why wouldn't I believe they will steal my commissions.

The bit that you posted looks like a form letter, which I could be totally wrong about since it's only one line, but that's the impression I got from it. If it's a form letter, then you really don't have an answer.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

The fist email I posted was but I responded to their customer care and received this direct response (Which I posted above):
    Hello,
    Per our network terms & conditions, we only make payment once you reach a
    threshold of $50.00.

So you're saying they responded to my email which was a response to their original email with another form letter?

I don't think so. The second email was a direct response to my query.

There's no name, just a "hello", and the phrasing: "once you reach a threshold of $50.00" screams form letter to me. If they were responding to you personally, they'd know that you'll never reach a threshold of any level because you've been terminated. To me, that looks like a form letter, but like I said, I could be wrong.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

There's no name, just a "hello", and the phrasing: "once you reach a threshold of $50.00" screams form letter to me. If they were responding to you personally, they'd know that you'll never reach a threshold of any level because you've been terminated. To me, that looks like a form letter, but like I said, I could be wrong.
    I took your advice and sent another more personal email asking them to reconsider their policy and provided them with some information about my particular case. I hope that helps.

I also sent the GAN forum moderator an email on the 23rd before I received those emails. Hopefully she will respond to my PM but maybe not as she knows that I'm not GAN's biggest fan...LOL.

Bippy - I received a payment notification email yesterday from GAN. It looks to be about what I expected. Did you receive one? That would give you an idea as to whether or not they were paying you.

I really hope that they pay long standing affiliates who were terminated even if they were under the payment threshold. This wasn't your fault--nor mine.

bibby - did you ever get this resolved?

I emailed GAN that I had not received payment notification for the final payment from the legacy system and they emailed me back this:

Hello,

You had $40 outstanding in our legacy system. This amount does not
    reach the $50.00 minimum payout threshold in our legacy system.

Regards,

Affiliate Publisher Support
    Google Affiliate Network
    Needless to say, Iím pretty angry right now to be told by a multi-billion dollar company that they are stealing the money I rightfully earned. And to not be given any explanation why they are keeping this money or what will happen to it; just a basic "you did not reach the threshold and now you will never reach that threshold so we are keeping that money". I spent the time and money to promote those GAN advertisers and now just because GAN decides to change payment systems they think they can just steal this money. So I was just wondering how to get this resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossor
    bibby - did you ever get this resolved?

I emailed GAN that I had not received payment notification for the final payment from the legacy system and they emailed me back this:

Needless to say, Iím pretty angry right now to be told by a multi-billion dollar company that they are stealing the money I rightfully earned. And to not be given any explanation why they are keeping this money or what will happen to it; just a basic "you did not reach the threshold and now you will never reach that threshold so we are keeping that money". I spent the time and money to promote those GAN advertisers and now just because GAN decides to change payment systems they think they can just steal this money. So I was just wondering how to get this resolved.

I got the same email from Billing as you did. I contacted an OPM that I know and he's trying to rectify the situation. I also contacted the GAN moderator and appealed to her to help me with this. She said she would get back to me.

I would encourage you to contact the GAN moderator as well. At this point, I'm waiting to see if my appeals to common sense work. I plan to give them some time before I think of alternate actions.

I even told GAN that I would send them a stamp and envelope to cover shipping costs.

I too had similar commissions to you and I hope I can get what's rightfully mine.

Thanks, bibby. I was hoping to hear you had resolved this. I'll try contacting the GAN moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossor
    Thanks, bibby. I was hoping to hear you had resolved this. I'll try contacting the GAN moderator.
    Good luck! Let me know how it works out and if my situation changes I'll be sure to update this thread.

I haven't received a reply back yet, but I found this post on the GAN help forums that was written by a "Google Employee" and sent it to Publisher Support and while they didn't reply back, a few days later the post was deleted:

Kariyushi
    Google Employee
    9/1/09
    Regardless of whether or not your outstanding earnings in our legacy payment system meet our $50.00 minimum payout threshold, you WILL BE ISSUED these earnings once we receive payment from your Advertisers. The $50.00 threshold does not apply to orphaned earnings in our legacy system, which will be paid out to you as soon as we receive payment from your Advertisers for those earnings.
    I was able to save a screenshot though. This is the original link - http://www.google.com/support/forum/...e29d9291&hl=en

Not sure why Google is trying to ignore this policy and is going as far as to delete any evidence of it. What happened to "Don't be evil", Google?
    [IMG]GAN forum screenshot[/IMG]
    Attached Images Attached Images

This gives us ammunition now. If they had a policy about paying out and are now trying to retract it, couldn't it be used against them?

Quote Originally Posted by bibby
    This gives us ammunition now. If they had a policy about paying out and are now trying to retract it, couldn't it be used against them?
    Well, it was a policy explained by a "Google Employee" and they still have not replied to my inquiry about it. I think the fact that they deleted the post just days after I sent them an email about it indicates that they are trying to cover their tracks.

I encourage every GAN affiliate that still has not received the last payment from the legacy system to contact GAN through their contact form or by sending an email to affiliatepayment [at] google.com

Quote Originally Posted by suzie250 View Post

BTW,
    GAN did keep my commissions. What would you call someone that kept the money you earned?

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread