When a merchant goes "offline" - Is there a quick alternative?
    Hi guys,

It's great to be a part of the forum - Nice to meet you all and I hope everybody is well.

My name is Altug from the U.K and I've been with shareasale for a few months promoting health supplements. It's definitely one of my most favoured and rewarding income streams

The way I promote is to create a page around a keyword such as "buy *insert supplement here*" and then I use Shareasales "make a page" function or Popshops to put various products on that page.

I have about 20-25 pages so far that are doing well and I planned to keep expanding this until I saw the dark side of doing this last month..

My merchant of choice, affordable supplements, went offline for 120 days - Immediately my links were inactive and I was in a bind. I managed to eventually change and replace every product..but boy was it labourious!! Not fun at all.

My question is, is there a way to replace products without it being so long!? Is there a way, you can maybe type in a keyword into a feed and get products for that keyword to just feed on to your site?

Sorry if this sounds like a "noob" question - Consider me fairly noob when it comes to techy stuff lol.

I really appreciate your time and help

Happy new year to everybody for tomorrow.

Altug

SAS allows you to designate a page on your site where offline merchants' clicks will redirect to. It can be very helpful if that page covers merchants to replace one or more that are offline. It could have links to other sites or pages you have with competing merchants' products. It can show related products from another merchant.
    When you see a merchant is offline (either via the SAS RSS feed or in your Account Summary Report) you can pop in a competitors products that might be what your shoppers wanted - either banners, PopShops or whatever you prefer.

There is really no easy way unless you have a dynamic site. With a dynamic site you could just point your script to another merchant and it would replace the products automatically.

Otherwise you will have to replace the products with products from another merchant the way you're doing it now.

The sites in my signature are dynamic sites. Build them once and forget it. They will be up to date from now on without me having to do anything else with them.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Thanks guys!

Really nice sites burgerboy! How difficult is a site like that to setup? Did you have to buy the script? Is it easily SEO'able? (I imagine so)

Can you just have the script running on the pages that refer products or does the whole site have to be "dynamic"?

best regards

Quote Originally Posted by altug
    Thanks guys!

Really nice sites burgerboy! How difficult is a site like that to setup? Did you have to buy the script? Is it easily SEO'able? (I imagine so)

Can you just have the script running on the pages that refer products or does the whole site have to be "dynamic"?

best regards
    Best Shopping Center uses the Amazon API and there is a free script for it. With the free script the owner of the free script puts his amazon id in 10% of the time. For every 10 times - 1 time is his and 9 times are yours.

I have the paid version. All of the clicks have my amazon affiliate id.

Nursing Scrubs Shop is a free script that you can use at AvantLink for any merchant they have on their network.

You can set up a folder on your site and put the scripts in it seperate from the rest of your site and link to it whenever you want to from the pages on your site that are not dynamic.

They are easy to customise for SEO.

They are PHP scripts so you have to have php on your server.

I've never made any money with content sites (blogs, wordpress, etc).

With sites with products, like the two you're viewing as examples, I get sales and get paid every month just like clock work.
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; December 30th, 2009 at 09:26 PM.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Agreed, It's the product pages on my content site that seems to bring in the consistent sales. Other than that it's a bit of adsense.

Thanks, you've been a great help!

>> Amazon API

Which one do you use ? thanks

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread