Affiliate Manager
    Idev SEO Addon worth it?
    Anyone using the Idevaffiliate SEO addon? Is it any good/work? Worth it?

At the beginning I will clearly declare, that I'm from Quality Unit (we are behind Post Affiliate Pro), so we are competitors for iDev
    I will not try to attack iDev, I just want to explain what we discovered when we developed our own software.

Post Affiliate Pro supports mentioned link format in basic core (even free version has this option), BUT we don't recommend to use this types of links to our clients if they want it to use because of SEO optimization.
    There could be other good reasons to use it, so we don't say, that this types of links are useless.

Reason ?
    Mod rewrite Link Example for Affiliate1
    http://www.yoursite.com/100.html

Mod rewrite Link Example for Affiliate2
    http://www.yoursite.com/200.html

What is result ?
    Both affiliates have different URL, which links to same content in your website - it looks for google like duplicating of content and you can be penalized .... so in case of iDev, I would not call it as SEO Module.

In PAP we had to implement direct links and anchor links to resolve this issue and it is preferred link format, which we recommend to merchants running affiliate program on PAP. They offer the best SEO value for merchant's site.

Many affiliates do not like these kinds of links. Lots of threads about them. First, the natural result of this is that the improved SEO for the merchant makes it harder for many affiliates to promote them. Second, affiliates are providing SEO benefits and aren't getting compensated for that. Third, tracking is less reliable with this method, so we're losing sales for your benefit.

Whether it's in iDev, PAP, or on Link Connector (they offer Naked Links), I don't recommend using SEO-friendly affiliate links.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I don't agree with sentence, that tracking of SEO friendly links is less reliable - processing of all types of links is done in same way and there is no difference in processing of link with get parameter, anchor or other type, it is just question how you read affiliate id value, rest is exactly same process.

Sure, affiliate can decide alone, which type of link he will use, therefore most of the affiliate softwares support all kinds of links.
    But if I will be affiliate, I will not think how to not help, but how to help to my merchant to sell more - I'm sure in long term it is more profitable for both. ... during Affiliate Summit Dr. Cialdini said: First to give ....

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor
    Anyone using the Idevaffiliate SEO addon? Is it any good/work? Worth it?
    Short answer.

Yes we did.

Now we don't.

It sucks.

Not worth it.

I wouldn't use iDev AT ALL though.
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

http and a telephoto
    Taylor - from Texas - iDev questions... Do I know you? lol.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread