Make 2010 the year you know more!
    Heya folks.

Now that we're all fat and happy based on our holiday sales (your results may vary... past performance not indicative of future results...), I'd like to start using this forum a bit more. And my blog for that matter... I've been in holiday mode as well.

I really think that as a group, we can help each other in understanding our web trends and where our sales are coming from.

I think what I personally would like to see happen here in this particular forum is for affiliates and merchants to ask questions about analytics, be it specific things they are seeing in their own results, or things they are NOT seeing that they'd like to understand better.

Analytics, like all statistics, can be viewed and skewed in multiple ways. You can also get lost in them, and never really gain any insight. Yes, your bounce rate is 61% on your landing page, but what is the length of the page view? Are they running away instantly, or are you JUST MISSING capturing sales?

I want to talk a lot more about this stuff, and I research analytics every day. So please, ask questions, and we, together, can get answers.

Happy New Year. Let's be more knowledgeable about the traffic we work so hard for in 2010.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

i look forward to learning and contributing!

Happy New Year!
    Jason Rubacky - CEO/SEO Nerd at PassTheSEO
    jason at passtheseo dot com
    @jasonrubacky

Btw, Kevin, I put a couple of Avinash Kaushik's books on my Amazon Wishlist for Christmas this year, based on your recommendation of his website, and surprisingly I got them. I just started to crack them open. Should be an interesting read. This is definitely the year I strive to know more. I've gotten a little complacent.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Good for you! You'll be amazed at how easy a read it is, considering the weight of the info. Avanish is a very, very gifted guy.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread