Super Affiliate Link Manager
    I've started to use SALM to redirect my affiliate links and I elected to install the program myself. The instructions tell the user to add a rewrite rule to the .htaccess file. I couldn't get the program to work until I edited the rewrite rule to include a slash in front of the "salm" so it now reads "/salm".

Now everything works fine except the part of the program that is supposed to remove the 'no referrers' from the database. When I click on that option there is a short delay, I assume while the program checks the database, and then the screen display refreshes but nothing has happened. The 'no referrers', which I assume are bots, are still listed in the database.

Email sent to the address on the SALM sales page bounces, which pretty much voids the advertised money back guarantee and prevents me from getting help from the software creator.

Does anyone else have this problem? Have you fixed it and if so what's the fix?

I could paste the portion of the code where I suspect the problem lies if that would help - would I paste it here or make it available on my website? I'm not sure about the forum rules on this.

I'm considering switching to ManageAffiliateLinks.com because they will redirect dead links which is a big plus for me. Anyone have any comments on them or recommend any other redirect software that will check for dead links and redirect to an alternate page if it finds one? (I've sent them an email because I don't know if it's a service through their website or a stand-alone program. They don't say if it's a PHP program or exactly what it is.)

ABW Ambassador
    I wouldn't be too confident using a 3rd party service like this, however difficult it is for me to manage links of my own.

Regarding SLAM I think the code of concern for erasing 'no referrers' is what I posted at:
    http://www.pixelatedpalette.com/test.txt If one of you gurus could take a look at the portions of the code having to do with erasing the the 'no referrers' and see if you can spot any coding errors, I would greatly appreciate it. There is a function:
    function remove_blank_referrers()
    Other appropriate lines can easily be found by doing a search for "referrer"

sam_park - thanks; if you're saying that Manage Affiliate Links is a third party service then I'm not sure I want to use them. All I could find on their site was "Includes Manage Affiliate Links software", whatever that means - it could be stand-alone or it could work through their website, I dunno.

I have a problem with dead links caused by companies constantly changing their offerings. I need a stand-alone solution that has link error checking similar to what Manage Affilaite Links offers. I also want link tracking, easy database editing & erase features, email notification or some other method to flag broken links, and the other options that MAL offers. So far I haven't been able to find one, which surprises me; I would have thought a good solution was readily available and easy to find.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread