Do you need a web site before signing up for an affiliate program?
    I just bought a domain name. In the affiliate application form they ask me for my web site's address. I have no web site yet. Have you signed up and been accepted to an affiliate program before your web site was ready?

Probably won't happen. Merchants want to see what kind of sites you build and what they look like before letting you join their program.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Put up a really quick, simple one-page explanation of what's coming on the site and the expected launch date. You still might get rejected by some, but a "placeholder" site is better than nothing.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

if the form has a notes field, try putting a note for the network to consider the circumstances.
    [URL]http://Essociate.com[/URL]

Hi westendaffiliate,

At Clickbank they do not ask for your URL. It's easy to get approved as an affiliate there and there is a humongous number of products/affiliate programmes to choose from.
    Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by affilorama
    At Clickbank they do not ask for your URL.
    there are lots of affiliate programs that go as far as promoting that you do not need a web site but you better have a good list to do some email marketing...

good luck!

We faced the same question.
    To be on the safe side and at the same time invest only a minimum amount of time in setting up an interim website, we used one of the free selection web services (sellector com).
    That way we just had to compile some product names and descriptions into an excel file, uploaded them, copy some lines of code into our site and we were set.
    We didn't received any rejections.

Thanks for all the responses. Much appreciated.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Doubtful that most networks will accept you without a site. You have to get accepted by then first. Would you take out a classified ad without a phone number or address? Not sure what you hope to achieve without a website. When I see applications that list Google.com as their website and promotional methods as search engine marketing I decline them. It means that their sole way of advertising my merchant is direct linking PPC ads with the trademark. In other words they are a trademark poacher.

not really but in order to be successfull you ned a domain of your own this will help you generate traffic from the search engines on top of whatever traffic you are bringing in

Affiliate Manager mitchmitchell's Avatar
    establish a site first, apply for a affiliate program second

Find a good affiliate program first, research how many competitors its have. Site is a second thing.
    [URL=http://messenger.softros.com]LAN messenger, IM chat[/URL] development | [URL=http://nts.softros.com]Sync network time[/URL] |

You don`t need a website but it is recommended. If you don`t want to create a website then join an affiliate program, where you can sign up without a website. But you do need some kind of a landing page like a blog.

I would just put in the notes field to have them contact you.

A lot of times even if I have a site I won't give it to them until I have established a relationship with the affiliate manager.

I have had a fair amount of success just listing Google.com as my site as well.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie25000
    not really but in order to be successfull you ned a domain of your own this will help you generate traffic from the search engines on top of whatever traffic you are bringing in
    I think you only read the subject of thr post. She already got a domain name but no website yet.

Our in house program has lots of affiliates without sites. They recommend our services to their friends via email or IM links. I'm not sure how true that is for most networks though.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread