EPN Applications
    Hi all.
    (I have removed the links to the 3x referenced sites)

I am a newbie here and really struggling to get past an important mile stone, which is being approved into the eBay Partnership Network. I am hoping some one could give me some feedback of what follows before I apply and get miserably declined (not being negative or anything) because I know it can be very difficult.

So after a lot of research and hours of studying Wordpress I have developed this blog site that hopefully takes into account what ebay look for and is the site I intend to submit for the application. The idea is to link to ebay products that will compliment the topics of my site pages etc.

I would appreciate it very much if anyone with EPN application experience could give me a little review with their thoughts. I have been adding content this last 8 weeks or so and have made sure I have a contacts, disclaimer and privacy page etc. (Should I be showing any links to ebay at this stage?)

Eventually the EPN affiliate code will be primarily used for a growing number of shopping sites but I am not confident these sites will be appropriate for the EPN application because of the references to Amazon and google Adsense adds which I am unable to disable. I know of a few people who have been declined with similar store setups, hence developing the blog site.

All I need is an EPN and I am sailing.

Thanks to anyone that can assist

Mark
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; January 4th, 2010 at 08:14 PM.

You do realize that EPN doesn't pay you for sales, only clicks, right? Sales are important because if you go a few days without them your click value drops to zero.

As far as types of sites to apply with, I've seen people apply with a variety and some get accepted and some turned down. I know a couple people who applied with almost identical sites, the first was turned down, the second was accepted.

IMO, so take it for what it is, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to who they accept.

Quote Originally Posted by marknn
    Hi all.
    (I have removed the links to the 3x referenced sites)

So after a lot of research and hours of studying Wordpress I have developed this blog site www.progressive-income-solutions.com that hopefully takes into account what ebay look for and is the site I intend to submit for the application. The idea is to link to ebay products that will compliment the topics of my site pages etc.
    I didn't look that closely, I guess, but I see almost NOTHING on that site that would link to normal eBay products? What am I missing?

The majority of eBay products are just that -- "products." They are solid, hold in your hand or hang in your house, physical products.

Looking around your site, I found it hawking clickbank-type info products and other "guru" oriented info products. Even your "Product Reviews" page focuses on infoproducts.

Are you putting us on here? Do you really think there's anything on that site that will look good to EPN?

But, as an earlier post suggested, EPN has little or no rhyme nor reason anymore to what sites they accept or reject.

Good luck to you.

Oh, yeah, one other thing -- why would you buy a product to use with EPN BEFORE you've been accepted? Shouldn't you have been accepted FIRST and then bought the website stuff??
    Generate more fake news.

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Well said WG -

I was only there for a minute and ran....

The Internet audience isn't as vulnerable as they were a few years ago...

BUT, unfortunately, there are still SUCKERS to be had -

These sites are fishing expeditions .....

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

5. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread