Arrow New Merchant Seeking Advice
    Hello,

My name is Alexis Dupont. I found this amazing forum, searching for Affiliate Marketing Information.

Iíve been reading a lot these days, and I would like to congratulate the founders, because the information is really useful.

I am a partner at a Plastic Surgery Clinic located in Buenos Aires (Argentina). Weíve in business for more than 10 years, with excellent result in the local market.

Now we are launching a new project to offer our services to the US market.

Argentina became a highly desirable destination for medical tourism following the collapse of their currency (the peso) in January 2002, which had previously been pegged to the US dollar. This collapse resulted in extremely favorable exchange rates for US citizens visiting Argentina to get a plastic surgery.

We have already finished new website in English, and started an online marketing campaign.

At this point we are researching the best alternative to launch an affiliate program.

According the information I gathered, I understand there are prestigious networks like LinkShare or Commission Junction. However as for this new market we are still a start up, we do not fulfill those networks requirements.

So, I am trying to find an alternative network to launch our program.

I am considering the following options:

- FlexOffers.com
    - ClixGalore
    - Share a Sale.com
    - Independent Program with Post Affiliate Pro (we have already installed the software on our website).

What option, do you think would be better?

Besides that, I am considering to get an outsourced program manager, willing to get paid in a performance basis, without a fix salary or upfront.

Is anyone interested?

Regards,
    Alexis.

Moderator Note: I've deleted your other thread, which is essentially a duplicate of this one.

You'll find quite a discussions about OPMs and getting paid on a pure performance basis. You might be able to find a new one willing to do that, but anyone with any experience has already been burned doing that (or perhaps has been wise enough to learn from others being burned), and will not be interested in an arrangement like that.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Hello Michael,

I apologize for the double post. In fact I was not sure where to post it.

I hope someone could give some advise to select the network to start. We are very anxius about this program, but we don't want to pick up a network before having check them well.

Regards,
    Alexis.

My advice would be to search and find out what people think about the networks you're considering.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    My advice would be to search and find out what people think about the networks you're considering.
    As Michael suggested, there are a lot of threads about the various networks.

There were also a couple of polls for ABW over the years. Here are results for Best Affiliate Network for the last three years (2009 voting has not yet begun):
    2008 - http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=116814
    2007 - http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=103086
    2006 - http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=85532

We recently launched a merchant program and, with many years of being an affiliate, there were only three networks we considered - ShareASale, Buy.at and AvantLink - because of their ethics, accurate tracking and communication. ShareASale seemed to be the best "fit" for our program because of a history of similar programs in that network. (You can see in my sig whom we chose. )

If you can, by any chance, try to make it to Affiliate Summit (www.AffiliateSummit.com) in Vegas on the 17th, 18 and 19th of this month. There you can get to meet many of the players in person.

We'll be there.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Hello Alexis,

I'm directly from Quality Unit and it is pleasure to see, that you considered also Post Affiliate Pro for your affiliate program.

What was your final choice ? Did you registered in any network ? Or do you continue with PAP ?
    In case you need ANY help with your PAP4 installation, just let me know. I can't offer your affiliate program management, but I can help you to resolve every technical problem you have in your affiliate program.

thx.

Viktor

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread