Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics
    Almost completely forgot, Feb 12-28 - http://www.vancouver2010.com/

Love the international sporting events like this.

So glad it's going to be in my time zone. Yay! Not too far from me either. Wish I could've gotten time off to see some of it in person.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Had to go put my jacket on before opening this thread -

We Texans don't think about Winter Olympices much...

But that is cool -

Actually, very COLD!

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

At our house we love the Winter Olympics! Bring 'em on...
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

I look forward to some of the stuff, too Uh, didn't even realize this was coming up, tho. lol Look forward to seein all the cutesy type stuff lol (the non sports stuff) background stories on the athletes, really would love to see about Vancouver cos think it's a beautiful place. If I ever were to travel it's near the top of the list for places I'd love to visit.

Affiliate Network Rep Brent E. - Shareasale's Avatar
    My favorite Winter Olympic name, anton apolo ohno, speed skater from the USA.

I am so excited for the olympics! My favorite part of the Winter Olympics is the hockey. You get teh best players from every country pouring their heart and soul into every shift. You just can't beat that level of play.

ABW Ambassador
    Last summer, we visited Vancouver and Whistler among many other places in Western Canada and saw first hand the signs and prep work for the olympics. We can't wait to watch the sports coverage and reminiscing the sights we saw

Hey did you guys hear about Australian hurdler Jana Rawlinson? She had her fake boobs removed because she thought they were affecting her performance! Search about it.. pretty interesting!

ugh, i've been sick for about a week now. And now I finally figured out why... Olympic Fever!

ABW Ambassador
    Opening Ceremonies tonight

Affiliate Manager
    I am sooo excited about the winter olympics! Can't wait for them to start tonight. Have been talking them up to DD who is only 7 and would rather watch Spongebob. Maybe she will let me watch without griping too much.

ARGH!!! We're in the same freakin' time zone as the Olympics this year and NBC is TAPE DELAYING for the west coast. I was so looking forward to watching LIVE this time and not have things spoiled by hearing the results before I watch. I've already written NBC and expressed my extreme disappointment.

-Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Opening Ceremonies tonight
    It was awesome!

Didn't watch the whole thing but the creativity and technology used was amazing.

Too bad they kept on comparing with the Opening ceremony in China. They spent only $30 million which was only a drop in the bucket that was spent in China. So what a savings.

ABW Ambassador
    Vancouver 2010 Olympics!
    Just thought that I'd wake up our little part of ABW here to make mention of the Winter Olympics now taking place in lovely Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. If you have never been to Vancouver - you should go! It is a truly breath taking place.

We have a new national hero in Alexandre Bilodeau.
    Did anyone see the womens modguls flower ceremony? Jenn Heils was great!

I only wish that I had been accepted into the 2010 Olympic Aff program...

ABW Ambassador
    Yep, loving them so far. You guys finally won a Gold on your soil, congrats. USA doing great so far - http://espn.go.com/olympics/winter/2010/medals

Affiliate Network Rep Brent E. - Shareasale's Avatar
    Men's Hockey starts today!!!! I'm excited. Looks like I may have to take an extended lunch to watch the U.S. mens team today. They play at 1 CT. GO USA!!!!

The Winter Olympics are awesome and Hockey is always fun to watch! Can't wait to see how the rest of the events unfold. Go USA

Go Canada..Eh.

ABW Ambassador
    Love watching the skiing, dangerous as hell, had 6 crashes yesterday and Vonn got that gold. She's leading right now after the first half of the combined and according to - http://espn.go.com/olympics/winter/2010/schedule

the other half is at 3:30. Hope they show at live.

I was really hoping that Vonn would pull out another gold.

Then there's Canada in hockey who almost came crashing down. I can't begin to express how passionate Canadians are about the game they've invented.

At least those underachievers won the game but they looked like idiots doing it. It's time that pros aren't allowed in the games. It was a more passionate an dramatic comeptition in the good old days.

Wouldn't it be amazing if NBC could do anything right? They're CRAP! They may have 3, 4 or 5 flagship stations showing events but they're all duds and more doesn't mean better in this case. Growing up in Canada, the Olympics were shown almost 24-7 and live no matter where they were being held. This year is no different accrding to friends of mine.
    Does the network show anything live? Maybe a couple of events when everyone's dozing off from their boring and infantile broadcast.
    Although Vancouver might be a world away to the network, NBC still represents garbage.

http and a telephoto
    Watching Women's Super G, how do they bend their legs and bodies like that????
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

They'rer awesome but the annoying thing is that NBC's website had live results but their televised coverage this afternoon showed cross country skiing instead of live coverage of Super G.

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Yeah, and at 70+ MPH on two skinny skis about 6 feet long. Amazing.

We are watching the same events. Just about 10 minutes ago I was telling Mrs. Beachy that I, too, descend on about that same angle of slope and about 70-75 MPH. The difference is that when I do it I'm in an airplane on final approach to a runway. My way is a whole lot easier - easier to do and easier on the body.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    They're all descendants of Art Clokey.

R.I.P. Art!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast