I have started doing satellite, i have signed up for the main ones.. rapid, expert, connected, idish and vmc.. I always ask similar questions to merchants ONCE... yes one email.. after i joined to get an overall picture.. the questions are normally around about 5 questions. and vary from things like

1. what trends have you been seeing lately
    2. what is your best selling products... etc...

you get the idea..

99% of the time merchants are very good they love to get back and say hey... these are some of th questions to your answers.. as they understand if you make money they make money... basically a " help me help you" analogy..

Anway i did same thing this time with satellite... everyone got back to me with good information.. specific to their site..

vmc got back with an answer of

"You are expecting us to do all the work for you, you do it"

Quite frankly i was about to email them back and say... you know what... your advertising has now gone to the bottom of the pile... as quite frankly that type of attitude is basically a lazy, half assed, dont wish to help my affiliates attitude... I cant understand it.. as it only makes sense.. and look at the questions above there not lazy questions there smart ones... why start pay per click campaigns workign on the wrong things... No other merchants i have ever come across besides VMC has come back with such an answers... and i promtoe many niches... all have helped... but VMC well it seems they are a breed of there own... well good luck to them.. as i wont be promoting them full tilt. they are at the bottom of my pile now...

I cannot say " when will merchants learn?" as 99% of merchants are fantastic... they understand the concept of supporting their affiliates by answering questions.. all i can say is VMC wake up!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> "You are expecting us to do all the work for you, you do it"
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> The owner of VMC needs to walk into the AMs office and fire them on the spot. Then they need to go out and hire Andy, or Patrice, or Rick, or Linda (someone who knows what they're doing) to represent them.

With that type of an attitude towards a new affiliate, it's doubtful their affiliate program will do very well.

Andy

I personally think VMC is a scam. They don't answer emails and your going to see a large amount of orders never fulfilled. They even copied pages from one of their affiliate's web sites and added them to their own site. Visit this page http://www.vmcsatellite.com/channels/home.cfm and scroll to the bottom then click on the "DBS Satellite TV Service from DISH Network" link. That page was taken from http://www.free-dish-network-systems.com. Notice how that affiliate no longer has links to VMC.

From my experience the two best are Rapid Satellite for DirecTV and AllSat.com for Dish Network.

My affiliate link for AllSat.com http://www.allsat.com/?kbid=1754

I personally do well with VMCSatellite with an EPC around 23-24 cents. That isn't counting the growing amount of 2nd and 3rd tier $10-$15 commissions I'm getting.

Here are my stats-

Your Unique Visitors 2950
    Your Total Page Views 12456
    Your Total Buys 21 (1 pending I believe)
    Your Total Installs 14
    Your Buys/Unique Visits 0.71%

The email response they gave wasn't good. All the annoying ads in the private affiliate areas suck. That's bad.....

The EPC I have, getting properly credited for offline telephone orders and 3-tier commissions is good.....

Overall I'm happy with VMC.
    Larry Wentz
    <a href="http://twitter.com/LarryWentz">Twitter.com/LarryWentz</a>

Ive never done well with any sat co. but I do have some vmc links up..they are coming down.

I've had the same experience with VMC support. They can be rude sometimes, or of no help at best. However, they do pay on time.

I'd move to another Dish Network affiliate program if I found a better one than VMC.

Larry, have you tried other Dish affiliates?

Affiliate Manager
    Hi,
    I actually tried to email them once, but they never got back to me. So, I'm also slowly phasing them out.
    I actually have a better dish network retailer, but I don't know if I can post my aff. URL here. So, if you guys want to know who I'm using send me a pm. (by the way, they pay $60 per installation, and are 2-tier.)

Thomas
    Thomas Burgemeister - Affiliate Manager
    affiliates@LensWorld.com - 425-372-3471
    LensWorld.com: 10% commission, 120 return days, parasite free - Sign up at <a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=20626">ShareASale</a>.

burgi no need to post your affiliate link just post the name of the affiliate merchant

anyway... has noone had success with EXPERTSATELLITE and IDISH i heard they were the forerunnes the best of the best...???? plus they pay more i have heard.. i planned to promote themmm more..

Hey Burgi, its not DISHPRONTO is it? i just signed up with them tonight they pay $60

i have a site made up with all the major ones on it. im just gearing up for a pay per click campaign... but want to be sure who is best to promote basically the ones that payu.. i notice that affiliate manager for rapid and dishpronto is nick colbert who personally i have found extremely helpful and always gone out of his way to help.. with email questions.. so i think i will heavily promote those 2 , expert and idish im holding off from vmc as they have been getting a bad rap lately and well i didnt have a great encounter when i signed up days ago... there email was rude and unhelpful..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by burgi82:
    Hi,
    I actually tried to email them once, but they never got back to me. So, I'm also slowly phasing them out.
    I actually have a better dish network retailer, but I don't know if I can post my aff. URL here. So, if you guys want to know who I'm using send me a pm. (by the way, they pay $60 per installation, and are 2-tier.)

Thomas <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Affiliate Manager
    Yes, I was referring to DishPronto. And yes, I think that they are very good because Nick is the affiliate manager there and he has always been very communicative and helpful with issues at RapidSatellite, who I think is the best Direct TV dealer out there, eventhough expertsatellite is not bad either. The problem with expert is that they use spyware (gator in particular) to advertise, which I totally oppose.
    Thomas Burgemeister - Affiliate Manager
    affiliates@LensWorld.com - 425-372-3471
    LensWorld.com: 10% commission, 120 return days, parasite free - Sign up at <a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=20626">ShareASale</a>.

burgi what do you mean they use spyware to advertise?

how would that effect me as an affiliate i basically use their link?

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread