Results 1 to 15 of 15
January 5th, 2010, 05:37 AM #1Please answer my questions
Hello everyone, i recently took charge of LogoInn affiliate program and ShareASale is our program's host. I need to ask few things:
1. we are trying to make our payout threshold on $100, does ShareASale supports it? i have checked it's threshold is $50.
2. we need to lock our transactions for 60 days because of reversal chances. Affiliate can easity trick us if we dont lock their transactions/commissions for 60 days. as soon as our product's return policy become over. we can pay to affiliates
3. We need to validate each of our transactions. ShareASale automatically do that which we dont wanted. we need to see each of the transactions then validate it and then payout to affiliate. is this possible?
Please reply us.
logoInn Affiliate Head
January 5th, 2010, 07:31 AM #2
Your program has no TOC. You should contact SAS and set your terms. Merchants set their own terms. if you wish to have payouts after 60 days you need to put it in writing and that is what they will do. Commissions will be charged when the transactions take place but the affiliate payout occurs when your terms state so that you can deal with reversals.
January 5th, 2010, 09:15 AM #3
1. You have no control over the network's payout threshold. The network sends affiliates a consolidated payment once they've accumulated a threshold level of commissions from any combination of merchants.
2. I'm not sure if ShareASale has an option to specify a longer locking period, but even if they do I would be very hesitant to use it. One of the appeals to affiliates is that they get paid 20 days after the end of the month (which is anywhere from 20-50 days after the sale). If they have to wait an additional 30 or 60 days, they won't be happy about it. You're penalizing good affiliates for the potential actions of fraudulent ones. Why would you offer a 60 day satisfaction guarantee when you deliver the logos within 5 business days?
3. Why would you need to "validate" each transaction? The tracking pixel should only fire when a customer completes the checkout process, and at that point it should be a paid order.
January 5th, 2010, 09:27 AM #4
It's another logo design service ....
No products to return.....
What's the beef?
Affiliates get paid when they hit the $50 threshold w/ SAS / LS / CJ etc. with all of their combined merchants....
If you have affiliates willing to promote this logo design service, pay them.
My thoughts are that you seem to be prolonging the payment process as long as possible...
January 5th, 2010, 12:20 PM #5
We can take care of most of your issues on this, just open up a Support Ticket from the Help Center within your account... thanksThanks,
President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.
January 5th, 2010, 02:03 PM #6
Craig, I understand the difficulties with your service having tried a similiar service some six years ago. We have a fitness merchant that requires 60 days after month of sale to pay commissions. Affiliates tolerate it because commission per sale run $120-240.
You may have to change your payout to more of a life time value model or average order model. In this case you pay the affiliates as more of a lead gen model with a flat rate or flat tier based on level of service.
Time to do some number crunching.
January 12th, 2010, 01:00 AM #7
I am actually trying to make a clear process. We are already working with Share A Sale network and have fair payout systems. But we can face a big problem in future. At LogoInn; we provide desired services in 5 business days but for guarantee the customer satisfaction, we give them 60 days time to keep these logos in their consideration or reject and ask for full refund.
If any person who is an affiliate in disguise; buy our service for $1800, now accorting to our commission strategy he gets more than $250. If we donot implement the policy of 60 days locking the transaction, The secret affiliate will take money out and request for refund.... by this manner, we will be in loss of $250 also our time and services.... hope you all would understand.... please help me in finding out the solution
January 12th, 2010, 09:21 AM #8
It sounds like it's a problem with your guarantee, not the affiliate program. There's no reason for you to be offering that long of a guarantee. Either they like the logos or they don't. They don't need 60 days to figure that out. You're only going to be scammed by offering that.
January 12th, 2010, 12:28 PM #9It sounds like it's a problem with your guarantee, not the affiliate program. There's no reason for you to be offering that long of a guarantee. Either they like the logos or they don't. They don't need 60 days to figure that out. You're only going to be scammed by offering that.
Sometimes a session with an OPM can help a merchant get their program ready to run and avoid startup problems.
January 12th, 2010, 01:22 PM #10
Did you contact ShareASale support on this? We have answers to a lot of what you would need to change on your account...Thanks,
President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.
January 12th, 2010, 11:38 PM #11
- Join Date
- January 18th, 2005
- Thailand/ Cambodia
I don't understand why you give 60 days guarantee on a logo.
I would think 10-20 days is plenty or maybe put in a "we will redo for free if your not happy". Your charging $1,800 for a logo?? wow
I seriously cant imagine a person signing up to be an affiliate,
then ordering a logo using his affiliate link, your approving the order which means he has a valid need for a logo and then waiting 30 days to get his commissions and then cancel the logo. How many people would this apply to over a year?
But then i guess it takes all kinds
January 12th, 2010, 11:46 PM #12
- Join Date
- March 2nd, 2007
You can give 365 days or unlimited time of guarantee on your services.
Any refunds, take that as a cost of doing business or adjust your affiliate payout structure accordingly.
And last but not least, ban self-referrals to avoid scam intentioned affiliates
January 14th, 2010, 01:04 AM #13Originally Posted by Richard - AMWSO
January 14th, 2010, 01:08 AM #14Originally Posted by redtagdeals
Answer is same as Richard's one... If we or Shareasale track it as same IP, sure we will block or reserve the transactions.
If you all could guide me, if i don't offer 60 days guarantee to Affiliate referral customers...? won't create panic among them
January 14th, 2010, 01:12 AM #15Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale
Brain, if you could kindly inform me, after submitting my TOC/TOU, all those points will be implemented by SAS? or i have to contact SAS separately ?
By lam1 in forum Commission Junction - CJReplies: 9Last Post: March 9th, 2010, 11:24 PM
By JayUSA in forum WebMerge (Fourthworld.com)Replies: 2Last Post: May 24th, 2007, 08:54 PM
By CePoReX in forum ShareASale - SASReplies: 5Last Post: October 13th, 2006, 10:36 PM
By SSanf in forum Virtual Family and Off-TopicReplies: 0Last Post: March 2nd, 2003, 04:32 AM
By FatWallet in forum Suspicious Activity!Replies: 1Last Post: October 8th, 2002, 09:14 PM