Please answer my questions
    Hello everyone, i recently took charge of LogoInn affiliate program and ShareASale is our program's host. I need to ask few things:

1. we are trying to make our payout threshold on $100, does ShareASale supports it? i have checked it's threshold is $50.
    2. we need to lock our transactions for 60 days because of reversal chances. Affiliate can easity trick us if we dont lock their transactions/commissions for 60 days. as soon as our product's return policy become over. we can pay to affiliates
    3. We need to validate each of our transactions. ShareASale automatically do that which we dont wanted. we need to see each of the transactions then validate it and then payout to affiliate. is this possible?

Please reply us.

Regards,

Craig Stephen
    logoInn Affiliate Head

Your program has no TOC. You should contact SAS and set your terms. Merchants set their own terms. if you wish to have payouts after 60 days you need to put it in writing and that is what they will do. Commissions will be charged when the transactions take place but the affiliate payout occurs when your terms state so that you can deal with reversals.

1. You have no control over the network's payout threshold. The network sends affiliates a consolidated payment once they've accumulated a threshold level of commissions from any combination of merchants.

2. I'm not sure if ShareASale has an option to specify a longer locking period, but even if they do I would be very hesitant to use it. One of the appeals to affiliates is that they get paid 20 days after the end of the month (which is anywhere from 20-50 days after the sale). If they have to wait an additional 30 or 60 days, they won't be happy about it. You're penalizing good affiliates for the potential actions of fraudulent ones. Why would you offer a 60 day satisfaction guarantee when you deliver the logos within 5 business days?

3. Why would you need to "validate" each transaction? The tracking pixel should only fire when a customer completes the checkout process, and at that point it should be a paid order.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    It's another logo design service ....

No products to return.....

What's the beef?

Affiliates get paid when they hit the $50 threshold w/ SAS / LS / CJ etc. with all of their combined merchants....

If you have affiliates willing to promote this logo design service, pay them.

My thoughts are that you seem to be prolonging the payment process as long as possible...

New site...

No Capital????

IMHO!

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Craig,

We can take care of most of your issues on this, just open up a Support Ticket from the Help Center within your account... thanks
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Craig, I understand the difficulties with your service having tried a similiar service some six years ago. We have a fitness merchant that requires 60 days after month of sale to pay commissions. Affiliates tolerate it because commission per sale run $120-240.

You may have to change your payout to more of a life time value model or average order model. In this case you pay the affiliates as more of a lead gen model with a flat rate or flat tier based on level of service.

Time to do some number crunching.

@ Jimmy:
    I am actually trying to make a clear process. We are already working with Share A Sale network and have fair payout systems. But we can face a big problem in future. At LogoInn; we provide desired services in 5 business days but for guarantee the customer satisfaction, we give them 60 days time to keep these logos in their consideration or reject and ask for full refund.

If any person who is an affiliate in disguise; buy our service for $1800, now accorting to our commission strategy he gets more than $250. If we donot implement the policy of 60 days locking the transaction, The secret affiliate will take money out and request for refund.... by this manner, we will be in loss of $250 also our time and services.... hope you all would understand.... please help me in finding out the solution

It sounds like it's a problem with your guarantee, not the affiliate program. There's no reason for you to be offering that long of a guarantee. Either they like the logos or they don't. They don't need 60 days to figure that out. You're only going to be scammed by offering that.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

It sounds like it's a problem with your guarantee, not the affiliate program. There's no reason for you to be offering that long of a guarantee. Either they like the logos or they don't. They don't need 60 days to figure that out. You're only going to be scammed by offering that.
    That's what I thought too. Logos and graphics design projects are sometimes for brief campaigns and when it's over they might just decide to not like your work any more. A better way is to have them sign off on (approve) the design before it is provided to them. Offer them smaller proofs for approval and then only guarantee against errors. I used to do custom graphics and would never offer a guarantee like yours or I would have had problems. I never had a complaint but if I offered money back for 60 days I would have had many complainers just to take advantage of my policy.

Sometimes a session with an OPM can help a merchant get their program ready to run and avoid startup problems.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Craig,

Did you contact ShareASale support on this? We have answers to a lot of what you would need to change on your account...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Outsourced Program Manager
    I don't understand why you give 60 days guarantee on a logo.

I would think 10-20 days is plenty or maybe put in a "we will redo for free if your not happy". Your charging $1,800 for a logo?? wow

I seriously cant imagine a person signing up to be an affiliate,
    then ordering a logo using his affiliate link, your approving the order which means he has a valid need for a logo and then waiting 30 days to get his commissions and then cancel the logo. How many people would this apply to over a year?

But then i guess it takes all kinds
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

ABW Ambassador
    You can give 365 days or unlimited time of guarantee on your services.
    Any refunds, take that as a cost of doing business or adjust your affiliate payout structure accordingly.

And last but not least, ban self-referrals to avoid scam intentioned affiliates

Question
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard - AMWSO
    I don't understand why you give 60 days guarantee on a logo.

I would think 10-20 days is plenty or maybe put in a "we will redo for free if your not happy". Your charging $1,800 for a logo?? wow

I seriously cant imagine a person signing up to be an affiliate,
    then ordering a logo using his affiliate link, your approving the order which means he has a valid need for a logo and then waiting 30 days to get his commissions and then cancel the logo. How many people would this apply to over a year?

But then i guess it takes all kinds
    $1800 for Logo, Web. Stationary and unlimited revisions. Also we all knows if any affiliate have scam intentions, they will obviously use different IP. Also if we look at industry average, the guarantee time period if 60 days

Exclamation
    Quote Originally Posted by redtagdeals
    You can give 365 days or unlimited time of guarantee on your services.
    Any refunds, take that as a cost of doing business or adjust your affiliate payout structure accordingly.

And last but not least, ban self-referrals to avoid scam intentioned affiliates

Answer is same as Richard's one... If we or Shareasale track it as same IP, sure we will block or reserve the transactions.

If you all could guide me, if i don't offer 60 days guarantee to Affiliate referral customers...? won't create panic among them

Question
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale
    Craig,

Did you contact ShareASale support on this? We have answers to a lot of what you would need to change on your account...
    Hey Brain, Sorry for not replying you.... i contacted Mr/Ms. Ctang and at shareasale@shareasale.com and they said i need to formulate a TOC for my account, which my Ex-colleague Ben Johnson didn't done. Now my team is working on it.

Brain, if you could kindly inform me, after submitting my TOC/TOU, all those points will be implemented by SAS? or i have to contact SAS separately ?

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread