Okies, it looks like a lot of us are going to have to implement the SID feature to know exactly what products we're selling from now on, so I want to make sure we get it right without breaking the code or tracking.

A few question therefore:

1. To add the SID to the CJ code, we need to just put the following on the end of the CJ code...is this correct:

&sid=whateverwewanttoputhere

(is it OK to put sid in small letters or do the letters SID need to be in capitals by the way?)

2. The CJ help section states about the SID "This variable can be up to 64 characters in length and should never contain spaces, hyphens, or periods."

Are there any other characters whch are not permitted. I'm guessing ampersands would not be handled correctly (or am I wrong), how about colons, slashes,question marks etc?

3. What happens if accidentally you go over the 64 characters in length (or get an incorect character in the SID)? Is there a risk of tracking not occuring?

Sorry for so many questions but I just need to make sure I (and others) don't mess this up.

Don't fear the cookies

I would like to hear the answers to the above questions also!

Another question: I was under the impression (form the CJ help section) that SID would only work if all/some your customers had unique paswwords to enter your site, or is that just one use of the SID? Does anyone use this feature and can they or Tod help here?

Tami

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread