This has to be one of the weirdest things I have across in a while.

Dead Mom taken for a ride - Click Here

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JJJay:
    This has to be one of the weirdest things I have across in a while.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/...in614890.shtml <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> The day walmart opened here, the greeter had a heart attack, and passed on, the poor guy must have been 90, the manager had the local cops move him down the road, i guess he felt it wasn't a good sign to have dead workers there. They have an electronics department, when we needed a new vcr, the sales clerk din't know what a vcr was, when i asked him if it needed a head cleaner, he got pretty damn nasty and walked awy, so much for good salesmanship.Same ar sears big harware store, no one knew what an alligator clip was, luckily, there is a smaller family owned hardware store, 2 stoers away, that not only knew what they were, but got me the sizes i needed, and cut the wires i needed to repair an intercomm, they don't trainem , like they used to, i won't waste my time at either store, small businesses still have the service, at the same price. one last thing,if you need answers, don't go to radio shack, they ain't got them folks. that's worth a nickle
    jj

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Same ar sears big harware store, no one knew what an alligator clip was, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, there's a hardware store around here where the guy didn't know what TACKS are! And that IS at the mom & pop store!!

I don't know if training has gotten worse over the last 20 or so years, but it seems that the base ignorance level has gotten worse. People didn't used to need training to know what alligator clips and tacks are...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>don't go to radio shack <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I'll second that. The guy didn't know what a 9 pin connector was and tried to convince me they didn't have 'em. I walked right to them as he followed behind. He followed me to the cash register where I told him to just "ring up this thingy".
    ~Ernie

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leader:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Same ar sears big harware store, no one knew what an alligator clip was, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, there's a hardware store around here where the guy didn't know what TACKS are! And that IS at the mom & pop store!!

I don't know if training has gotten worse over the last 20 or so years, but it seems that the base ignorance level has gotten worse. People didn't used to [/i]need training[/i] to know what alligator clips and tacks are... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

At our local hardware they probably wouldn't know what an alligator clip was either.

But if you asked for a roach clip, they would lead you right to them!
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ~ Michelle:

But if you asked for a roach clip, they would lead you right to them! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For sure...back in the 70's when I was a teen everyone knew what alligator clips were...hehehe

Brad

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BradleyB:
    For sure...back in the 70's when I was a teen everyone knew what alligator clips were...hehehe
    Brad <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure, they were for clipping your LP's inside their jackets so they wouldn't get scratched on the turntable.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread