Newsletter Script with Time Options?
    Does anyone know of a newsletter script or Wordpress plugin where the user can select how often to receive it? (Weekly, Monthly, bi-monthly)

Thanks,
    Suzie
    I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Bud Lite than Kay.

I think I may have found what I was looking for. ListMessenger..... Has anyone used this program?
    Last edited by suzie250; January 7th, 2010 at 02:46 PM. Reason: spelling
    I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Bud Lite than Kay.

Quote Originally Posted by suzie250
    I think I may have found what I was looking for. ListMessenger..... Has anyone used this program?
    Maybe it's in the demo, but I can't see anything under the "Features" that tells me users can choose to select weekly, monthly, or bi-monthly options?

I haven't used this, so I have no knowledge of how it works.

You should be aware that the worst thing about managing your own email software is that you are going to get slammed with spam accusations and various big email providers may very likely make your mail undeliverable because morons -- sorry, I mean SUBSCRIBERS! -- have forgotten they subscribed and report your newsletter as spam.

I went through all that myself a couple of years ago and decided it wasn't worth the hassle.

IF I were going to do newsletter/email/ezine/whatever stuff these days, I'd probably just let aweber or getresponse or someone like that set me up with an autoresponder account to handle it. They have contacts and ways of getting the email through without too many spam report hassles.

BUT -- If you want to look at hosting your own newsletter software, the one I used then and which is still supported and very good now is AutoResponsePlus. I do not know whether there's a way to set it up to let people choose the subscription options you mentioned in your OP, but you might take a look and ask them some questions. Neil Morgan, the software's creator, was always very helpful and responsive whenever I had questions or problems. Their website is here:

http://www.autoresponseplus.com/
    Generate more fake news.

I see now that I need to be looking for an autoresponder. Would like one that has the ability of newsletters also so I can use it on other sites if I wish.

I don't expect a great response on the site, so I'm not too worried about the spam accusations. Would be nice if I have enough subscribers for that to be an issue!

I think I am going to play around with phplist for a little bit. It looks like I will have lots of control over who's in a list and then I can email those lists when I want. There's a plugin avail for Wp for the subscription form. I can schedule when to send, but not sure yet if I can set recurring dates.

I think I am going to play around with phplist for a little bit.
    It works good and they support it. I have one set up for my daughter on her small merchant site and she uses if for new product notification.

I have it on a couple of my sites, but few subscribers and I don't give it much effort. Probably should though.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread