Affiliate Manager
    Affiliate Networks for Physical Products?
    Hi all,

The more I read about affiliate marketing, the more confused I get. I am new, as you can tell.
    I am looking for an affiliate network where I can offer my physical products (handbags) for sale. Most networks that I can tell seem to have mainly downloadable stuff.
    Since I am new, I would like a network that is cheap to become a merchant during my learning stage, can anyone advise please.

Cheers,
    Deb

Welcome to ABW Deb! There have been a lot of starting merchants in your position and with a little time spent reading (and using the search function) they progressed to opening their programs. A good network for starting merchants is SAS, but you owe it to yourself and your affiliates to read through the Merchant Best Practices forum here where you'll find lots of good tips, info and advice for starting out right.
    Good Luck!
    Last edited by 2busy; January 8th, 2010 at 06:12 AM. Reason: added the link

Deb,

First, welcome to ABW!

Moderator Note: I've updated the title and moved this thread to the Merchant Q&A forum.

There's really only one network (Clickbank) devoted to downloadable products, so I suspect what you're seeing is the difference between CPA Networks (which focus on email signups, lead based programs, and mostly non-product offers) and regular affiliate networks (which focus on merchants with physical products). You'll be glad to know that most of the affiliates on ABW and most of the networks represented here of the latter kind, focusing on merchants with physical products.

With a small starting budget, the big three (CJ, LinkShare and GAN) are all out. Fortunately, there are some excellent choices that remain, including ShareASale, buy.at, AvantLink, and Affiliate Future. Even for merchants who can afford the high signup costs at the big three, many affiliates still prefer the others.

As a newbie to starting/running your own affiliate program, you'll also find a wealth of information by following the links in my signature.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread