Hi guys, I am curious how many of you promote single product vs. multiple product affiliate programs? All of my affiliate programs are single product programs and I'm wondering if it would be in my best interest to lean toward more of a 'store' structure for future product development.

I'm also curious how single product programs fair in the large networks such as CJ, Linkshare, SAS, etc? Do they generally sink or swim? Do the big name affiliates pass over them without a second thought?

Regards,
    Tom

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Most of my merchants sell many, many products. But I have a couple that only sell a few items (which are variant models of a single item), and one that normally has just one. (If all the products at a merchant are just variants of one product, I consider that a 1-product merchant since the models aren't different enough to really call them truly seperate products.)

I've found that if the single product is one people actually want, it can do quite well. But if the merchant has a product that people *don't* want, and they don't have any fallback products to sell instead, it's a dead duck. The unlucky ones tend to die (not just close their program) within months. 1-product merchants are chancier because their fortunes (or lack thereof) are all tied to the sales of that one product. But some of them are definitely worth making pages for.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I'm also curious how single product programs fair in the large networks such as CJ, Linkshare, SAS, etc? Do they generally sink or swim? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are a lot of sunken single-product ships on the reefs of CJ, but then again there are some 1-product wonders that have been doing fine for years. I don't know about the other networks.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I've always done well with single product sites. I currently have 3 single product sites (totally unrelated products) and all have made a profit since day once. Two have done very well with affiliate marketing. I am wondering what 'single products' specifically have done well in CJ & other networks and what ones have bombed?

Regards,
    Tom

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I am wondering what 'single products' specifically have done well in CJ & other networks and what ones have bombed? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, but I'm not paving a path for an ABW-ful of competition on those products.

But I will name COLOSTRUM as about the biggest dud I've ever run across. What a stinker! Whenever a sale was made, all of CJ knew it because the 7-day EPC would momentarily rise from zero...

They closed their program and when I checked their site out of curiosity a year or so ago, they seemed to be dead. But checking now, I see that the site's back up (no visible affiliate program, though)...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Too True Leader, that stuff died quick. Another company is now trying to sell the stuff in Network Marketing circles.

Single product vs. Multi-product is a matter of approach really. You will find in this forum that both approaches can work well. If your website can convert sales, then it becomes a matter of finding enough targeted traffic.

The real question is can you reach enough of the general public to meet your traffic and profit goal. If you can't find enough of the comsumer public, then it will die out. If you can find the traffic and you have a good converting site, then you can sell ice cubes to an eskimo.
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread