View Poll Results: Would you promote a diamond jewelry program?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would

7 63.64%
  • No, I would not

4 36.36%
    Would you promote a diamond jewelry program?
    Hello every one,

Would you promote an online diamond jewelry store?

Of course, details like AOV, commission, brand, EPC matter. But I am curious to see if you would be INTERESTED in being an active affiliate of a high-end diamond jewelry program.

Feel free to include why you would or would not want to promote a program of this nature.

Thanks,
    Theo B.

( THIS IS NOT AN ATTEMPT TO ADVERTISE. I do not have an affiliate program for my company and I have not included my company's name. MODS: If this is an inappropriate thread, I apologize..please delete)

Sure, why not. A lot of us have promoted diamond/jewelry sites for many years.

Our question to you would be whether your vendor can compete with other existing vendors. Conversion rates are more important than commission rates. An affiliate would be far better off collecting 5% commission on steady sales, than 14% of nothing.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

ABW Ambassador
    You need a third choice, it depends

It really does depend on the merchant. It isn't a simple yes or no answer. High end jewelry is a tough market, and there are lots of merchants to choose from.
    What would make this particular jewelry store stand out and make an affiliate want to promote them?

So to answer your question, my answer would be it depends on the merchant. I cannot answer your poll though

Lightbulb
    need high quality and low markup. there's no reason why an online jewelry company can't compete on price. starting prices at quadruple to quintuple keystone wouldn't interest me.

Thanks for the answers.

Perhaps, I worded the question wrong. I apologize for that.

I am trying to see why some one wouldn't want to be an affiliate in this INDUSTRY (diamond jewelry). I figured that having an idea of what affiliates dislike about an industry, would allow me to make my affiliate program more affiliate-friendly.

Thanks,
    Theo B.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    You need a third choice, it depends

It really does depend on the merchant. It isn't a simple yes or no answer. High end jewelry is a tough market, and there are lots of merchants to choose from.
    What would make this particular jewelry store stand out and make an affiliate want to promote them?

So to answer your question, my answer would be it depends on the merchant. I cannot answer your poll though

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Apparently people do buy diamonds on the net, but for myself, I could not conceive of buying a diamond without personally examining it first.

I can remember as a kid when my aunt got married and she showed off the beautiful, unusually shaped diamond my new uncle bought her, and for which he paid a bundle. Forty years later when she died, I looked at the stone through a loop and saw that it was terribly flawed, and had a poor yellow color. I got it appraised and it's value was less that the purchase price 40 years earlier. My aunt and uncle were both intelligent, well educated, and, uh, well, cheap, and they made several purchases from that jeweler, and he really took them for a ride.

So, even in person, one must be extremely cautious in purchasing diamonds.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, theres no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    Several online jewelers (diamond) have successful and thriving affiliate channels. The real question is, would you make the cut?

Thank you for all the responses.

Thanks,
    Theo B.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I used to sell quite a bit of jewelry until the merchant crossed over to the dark side. After a phone conversation with the owner of the company failed to convince him that parasites are evil, I closed up shop.

So, yeah, I'd sell in that niche, but it's down on my list a bit, and it would take quite the program/manager to pull me away from my current projects.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread