First timer to Affiliate Summit Looking for suggestions
    My boss came to me about a month ago and said he wanted me to set up an affiliate program for a new product he wanted to launch in February.

I convinced him to attend Affiliate Summit and we have him all registered.

How best can I prepare him before he heads down there? Who should he meet with? Which workshops should he be sure to see?

Thanks for any suggestions/help!

Affiliate Manager shannonlender411's Avatar
    I'm new too..Shawn Collins created a presentation.lt's located in the blog area on the Affiliate Summit site..It helped me

Thanks Shannon
    Is lender411 the affiliate program that you are running? The program we looking to launch is also real estate themed. Id be interested to hear about your learning curve, success etc.

Lender411 is a site where Mortgage Brokers can register (kind of like a myspace or facebook page) they can post rates, answer questions promote their business etc all for free..We also have consumers coming there looking for loans..I'm looking to bring more traffic to the site so I would like to pair up with real estate affiliates because we don't compete and we can help each other out.

email
    Ill send you a direct email. Id like to talk with you more specifically. Thanks.

It appears you have email disabled - click on my profile and send me an email with your direct contact info if you would.
    Last edited by GeoffB; January 11th, 2010 at 02:54 PM. Reason: added contact info

Ok sounds good...I updated my setting so you can send me a direct email

I'm not sure if the Affiliate Summit Mentor Program is still taking people, but it is a great opportunity to get paired up with someone in the business. They essentially email with you before the Summit to see if you have any questions (even things like what to wear). On the Sunday of Affiliate Summit, there is a Mentor Meetup where you can sit down at some roundtable discussions about basic topics and we will try to set you off in the right direction to find what you are looking for.

Here's a post I put up last Summit and updated for this one. Just some very basic information:

http://www.tricia.me/2009/07/27/real...iliate-summit/
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Hi Geoff,

A show can be quite intimidating and exhausting experience. My advice for your boss would be as follows:

Make a plan and stick to it as close as possible:
    Review the seminars and see which ones he can benefit most from and/or is most approporiate to your business. Attending thse for newbies is quite a good way for them to learn.

Look at the list exhibiting companies and see which ones are most useful to your business and make sure he visits their booth(s)! If there is contact information, have him make an apointment

And most of all attend the hotel /showbar its surely the best place to make business contacts.

A show is awfully tiring so I would also suggest the following must have/must do:
    1. Take vitamins
    2. Wash/Sanitize hands frequently, nothing worse than the Vegas flu ugh.
    3. Get lots of rest!

WOw! You've given me a lot of idea.I'm new also with this. I'm just reading post actually and I can help but to thank for all those idea that you have all shared.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread