Question Dick's Sporting Goods [LS] pausing program - Update - Going To Pepperjam
    We have decided to pause the DicksSportingGoods.com affiliate program while we make some important changes. Although we are unaware of how long the program will be inactive we want you know that we value your partnership and look forward to working with you when we re-launch the new and improved program. We will update through the LinkShare interface once the program in back up!

OK, but when is it paused?

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    It looks like the same time that email went out. All of their links in LS are empty now.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    We have decided to pause the DicksSportingGoods.com affiliate program while we make some important changes. Although we are unaware of how long the program will be inactive we want you know that we value your partnership and look forward to working with you when we re-launch the new and improved program. We will update through the LinkShare interface once the program in back up!

OK, but when is it paused?
    I gave up on them when they lowered their return days, I mean minutes. I know they reversed cousrse later but not to my satisfaction.

Since my emails explaining my my concerns for their change in return days went unanswered I decided to dump them and promote a program that better served my needs.

It's difficult to change links and then again change them. They should understand that this move is killing all their present affiliate relations and they would have to start basically from scratch.

I have 2 merchants that decided the same and I changed links and found better merchants.
    [URL=http://www.pexcornel.com]Pexcornel blog[/URL]

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    I forget what GSI store sent me an email about moving over to pepperjam, I think the Sports Authority. Now Dick's is pausing their program. I believe Dick's just lower their commissions as well.

I wonder how many aff's jumped ship?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    This great news and always makes my job easier when these large companies slam the door on their affiliates. For alternatives look here: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?p=988661

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Here comes Chuck with the mop!! LOL. Sounds like your fitness equip alternative might be a good filler for those who are miffed with Dicks. I met Dick and his son several years ago before his son took over and though I was concerned about the son, Dick is a heck of a good guy. Too bad they took their program offline, but the "kid" has a lot of learning to do about dealing with people.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick
    This great news and always makes my job easier when these large companies slam the door on their affiliates. For alternatives look here: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?p=988661
    As mentioned earlier, I used to be a Dick's affilaite. What a difference it is dealing with Chuck.
    If you are an affilaite and want your emails answered and concerns met, I highly recommend working with Chuck.

Seriously folks, it's an instant breath of fresh air when dealing with Chuck.

This isn't the first time they've made a very big change without giving advance notice (or same-day/24-hours notice?).

Is that coming from the people at Dick's, or is that the way GSI does things?
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by bibby
    As mentioned earlier, I used to be a Dick's affilaite. What a difference it is dealing with Chuck.
    If you are an affilaite and want your emails answered and concerns met, I highly recommend working with Chuck.

Seriously folks, it's an instant breath of fresh air when dealing with Chuck.
    Well, it covers about low single digits of what Dick's sells. Not really an alternative unless you were pushing those type of items thru Dick's Sporting Goods.

They were my best converting sporting goods merchant but I think the GSI sporting good merchants carry pretty much the same stuff at pretty much the same price.

I have yet to get any type of e-mail from Dick's and my links are still working. I sent them an e-mail asking them about this thread and have not received a response.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

ABW Ambassador
    So I guess it's because the GSI merchants are headed over to Pepperjam, since I'm getting a lot of

As an important partner, we want to keep you updated regarding upcoming program changes. Over the next few weeks, the DicksSportingGoods.com Affiliate Program will be transitioning to Pepperjam Network.

I guess it was bound to happen once GSI bought them - http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...ight=pepperjam

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread