Thumbs down Horrible Experience with SAS!
    I figured I might as well make my 1st post a bad one, lol.

Just figured I would tell a tale about my dealings with SAS and how it has left a bitter taste in my mouth and a empty feeling in my pockets.

Anyhow, I have been affiliate marketing for about 4 years and was a member of SAS for about 2 of those years. I never ever had any problems with SAS until about 3 months ago and then they just seemed to pile up.

November - In November I had an affiliate revoke about $1k in hosting leads as fraudulant on the 20th (payday). They even went as far as to email me stating the leads were all from people using stolen CCs. So I email the company and explained that I wanted proof that users were using stolen CCs, and that about half the leads were personally referred and doubted they used stolen CC's since accounts were still valid.

Well after several emails over the course of 2 days, they finally found a flaw in their system that was mistakenly marking some leads as bad even though they weren't. They profusely apologized and gave me one huge credit for all the leads and added a 10% bonus. Unfortunately it was now the 22nd and I would have to wait another 30 Days to get paid, but figured at least I got leads un-revoked.

November Part 2 - Also in November I noticed a new company was paying @$35 for a teeth whitening product so figured I would add it to one of my websites I do a lot of teeth whitening conversions on. So I added the links, banners etc and waited 2 days. After 2 days I notice I did @6 leads and was happy, then I re-read the terms of the merchant and saw they only paid if users stayed past the trial. Well with hundred of offers paying the same amount just for the trial I decided to pull my links and just write it off as bad 2 days.

A few days later I get an email from the rep of the teeth whitening offer wanting to know why I went from 3 leads a day to 0 and why no more clicks were coming in. She was very accusing to say the least, like I was scum of the earth for not getting more leads. I explained to her that it wasn't profitable for me to use her links when I could earn the same or more on a true trial product sale. She then said she would give me special rate if I could continue the leads coming in and users wouldn't need to stay past the trial. I declined her offer because lower rates mean less profit for me.

Well I guess in a fit of rage she revokes all the leads (I knew they would be revoked anyways, since trial programs seldom convert past trial) but then she left me very nasty feedback on SAS. Saying how I was sending fraudulant traffic based on they weren't staying past the trial. I mean seriously?

So needless to say I was pissed off having my account blemished by some new advertiser who was mad I wouldn't send traffic too.

December - So December rolls around and nothing exciting happens until the 20th. So on the 20th I log in to see if had any revokes and what not. Well I log in and pleasantly see that no major issues and now all I have to do is wait for payment but unfortunately its a Sunday so have to wait till Monday.

Well Monday morning I wake up (around noon, lol) and check account to see if have any new leads. Bummed to see no new leads but account is still marked as paid (wire transfer), so log out and go to work. A few hours later I get an email on another of my sites asking for my SAS ref link, cause they want to join. So i go to log in to get link and account says its disabled! BOOM!

Needless to say i'm in shock and think I must have typed in wrong info. NOPE, accounts closed and I'm pissed. After a few beers and a few tries at counting to ten I email them asking about account closure etc, then crawl into my bed and spend the night sucking my thumb and thinking about better times. In the morning I check my email while brushing my teeth and see no reply, so I drink my morning instant coffee and decide to call SAS for more clarification on account closure.

CALL #1 is about as short and sweet as they go, they confirm to me my account was closed and that they did no pay me on the 20th as account stated, nor did they pay me on 21st when account showed account as paid. They also stated they couldn't or wouldn't discuss the matter over the phone but they were going to reply to the email I sent.

email #1 Late that night I finally get the email, and boy were my fingernails happy (what was left of them). So i open the email waiting to see some mistake that can be fixed but boy am I surprised. The email simply says "Your account is closed"! DUHHHHHH, so I fire off a reply asking why account was closed and why.

email #2 Well few days later I get a second reply, woohooo, time to see they made mistake. UGGGHHH another short reply email "Your account has been closed and wont be re-opened as per the tos"! I mean seriosly after 2 years and thousands of dollars they can't spend 1 minute writing an email or explaining the circumstances of the closure? Especially since all the advertisers paid them for my leads in NOV and DEC they just made over $3k on me and they cant spend 5 minutes saying hey your ugly and we hate you?

email #3 never comes, even though I send off multiple emails asking for more information about account closure.

Now at this point I have pretty much written off the $3k but I'm starting to get seriously pissed about not knowing why account was closed. As I said in beginning I have been a member of SAS for 2 years and have NEVER changed the way I promote them or the offers, so I find it hard to believe I was doing something wrong and it took them 2 years to catch me.

So here I am........
    Fingernails all gone..
    Pockets bare, even my lint has left me....
    Confused and dazed, or is it dazed and confused?....

Yet I still have no clue why SAS put my $3k in their pocket and didn't even have the decency to tell me why.

I-Deals Dude

PS. I have talked to my rep of one of the SAS merchants and they confirmed that SAS took the money out of their account for my leads. (About half of the $3k). So they took the merchants money then closed my account and didn't even have the courtesy to tell me why. Considering I use about 50 different affiliates maybe they could save me from making same mistake with them. I haven't changed anything in 2 years so the info might come in handy, since obviously doing same thing with all my other affiliates and i would like to keep them.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by I-Deals Dude
    I use about 50 different affiliates maybe they could save me from making same mistake with them. I haven't changed anything in 2 years so the info might come in handy, since obviously doing same thing with all my other affiliates and i would like to keep them.
    So, are you using sub-affiliates?
    If so, may be a few of them violated SAS TOS.

SAS is quite decent and far from your accusations of stealing your $3K.

Recently a merchant was nasty and reversed some transactions. SAS wanted to pay me (even though the merchant did not) .. of course, I had to refuse that payment from SAS as that is not fair.

What kind of website did you have and what type advertising were you using to promote the merchants?

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by redtagdeals

Recently a merchant was nasty and reversed some transactions. SAS wanted to pay me (even though the merchant did not) .. of course, I had to refuse that payment from SAS as that is not fair.
    Nope I don't do the sub thing, just place banners on websites and wait for money to roll in.

I am not accusing them of stealing my money! I never once used the words steal, you did, lol. I am stating a fact, they got paid by the merchants, then closed my account before paying me. All I said was for that amount of money they could have spent a few minutes sending me a detailed email.

Also I never said they are a crappy network or I wouldn't have been using them for 2 years. I also would have used much harsher words like the typical my account was closed thread.

My problem is I had a 100% ok account on 20th with 0 warnings, and 0 fraud.
    On Dec 20th all my leads were approved and account marked as paid, that means every single merchant OK'd the payment of the leads. On the morning of the 21st account was 100% ok and account marked as paid, and then that night account was closed and monies seized.

So if the merchants say the leads are ok, what possible reason could SAS have for closing my account?

I think he means merchants - not affiliates.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

If you told me this about almost any other network I would have an easier time believing you're innocent. But for SAS? I'm leaning more towards you're just trying to get attention and hopefully SAS will send you some money. About the only thing I believe in your statement is
    Yet I still have no clue
    Sorry, but I call them as I see them and I've seen this rerun before.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    What kind of website did you have and what type advertising were you using to promote the merchants?
    I run a forum, several blogs, a membership site, a topsite, and an incentivized website (Yes account is marked as incent, has been since I opened it even though every month less and less of my leads are from that form of traffic.)

Traffic was all organic, or paid search, but I only pay for leads to my site not directly to advertisers.

Quote Originally Posted by Schooner
    If you told me this about almost any other network I would have an easier time believing you're innocent. But for SAS? I'm leaning more towards you're just trying to get attention and hopefully SAS will send you some money. About the only thing I believe in your statement isSorry, but I call them as I see them and I've seen this rerun before.
    No problem I totally understand, and a month before this happened I emailed all my members of my topsite about how wonderful ShareASale was and they should join. So if I didn't know me better I wouldn't trust me either, in fact now you've got me wondering, lol.

So again not saying SAS sucks or are crooks or anything else. Just stating the facts.

All leads were approved by merchants!
    All leads were paid by merchants to SAS!
    SAS closed my account and seized monies!
    SAS has replied to my numerous emails twice and both have been less then 10 words!
    While I would love to be paid, its not my reasoning for posting, I really want to know why my account was closed in details!

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    I-Deals,

Send me your userID info to brian @ shareasale and I'll take a look at it tomorrow.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

No problem I totally understand, and a month before this happened I emailed all my members of my topsite about how wonderful ShareASale was and they should join. So if I didn't know me better I wouldn't trust me either, in fact now you've got me wondering, lol.
    Sorry if I sounded a bit harsh but like I said I have a hard time with it. Same would apply if I heard this story about Avantlink, or Buy.at. I would be very skeptical. If you told me LS or CJ did this then it would be different.

I hope to hear from you tomorrow saying that this was all a mistake, a misunderstanding and it's all taken care of. That would be great. Also, if it turns out that you were actually in violation and after they explain it to you, I would hope you'd come back in here and tell all of us the truth. Good luck and I hope it all works out well for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale
    I-Deals,

Send me your userID info to brian @ ShareASale and I'll take a look at it tomorrow.
    Will do

Quote Originally Posted by Schooner
    Sorry if I sounded a bit harsh but like I said I have a hard time with it. Same would apply if I heard this story about Avantlink, or Buy.at. I would be very skeptical. If you told me LS or CJ did this then it would be different.

I hope to hear from you tomorrow saying that this was all a mistake, a misunderstanding and it's all taken care of. That would be great. Also, if it turns out that you were actually in violation and after they explain it to you, I would hope you'd come back in here and tell all of us the truth. Good luck and I hope it all works out well for everyone.
    why the hate for CJ, I agree about LS though (stopped using them long time ago).

I honestly hope its a mistake but never know. I have made my mistakes as I am sure most have. I just didn't think anything I could have done from the 20th to 21st justified losing of account. Will see though maybe I turned into Mr Hyde and don't remember it, lol.

All I wanted was an ear really, tell me why you think I F-ed up and listen to my response. If I was a new affiliate I could see the lack of interest in explaining it, but I've been a good affiliate for 2 years with 0 issues.

Also Schooner I always tell the truth, lying takes to much time, and you have to force yourself to remember the lie. I may have broken a rule, might not of, I just have no clue.

but I've been a good affiliate for 2 years with 0 issues.
    Looks like they feel that they where just slow discovering your errant ways. I agree an explanation would be nice, but it's common nowadays for companies not to give them when they feel TOS is violated. Hope it works out for you and SAS. They are a fine company as you know.

Quote Originally Posted by John Powell
    Looks like they feel that they where just slow discovering your errant ways. I agree an explanation would be nice, but it's common nowadays for companies not to give them when they feel TOS is violated. Hope it works out for you and SAS. They are a fine company as you know.
    Maybe so, but that would suck if I was doing something wrong for 2 years and they just realized it. if they would have caught it 2 years ago wouldnt be happening, lol.

Yes SAS is a nice company and not here to say otherwise just trying to get nice explanation. may be good, may be bad but it will set me at ease.

Also who dat! Born and raised in Lacombe so go Saints!

Affiliate Manager PingoPrepaidCallingCards's Avatar
    I-Deals

Its not too often that you can work with a company thats founder will personally look into your concern with Brian's post to this thread. ShareASale runs a smooth operation with only a few staff members to handle everything. Since this is your first post, you should learn that they have a ton of respect in the Industry & A Best Web community.
    Brian Hawkins AM @ [URL=http://www.pingo.com/affiliate.do]Pingo[/URL] Earn up to $35 CPA for a [URL=http://www.pingo.com/p/onedollar/onedollar.html]$1 trial offer[/URL]!
    [URL=http://www.twitter.com/TelecomAgents]@TelecomAgents[/URL] [URL=http://www.twitter.com/telephonecard]@TelephoneCard[/URL]

Lucky for SAS, they have built a solid foundation with the affiliate community over the past several years. I can't help but notice, however, the large increase in negative comments about SAS in recent months.

Quote Originally Posted by PingoPrepaidCallingCards
    Since this is your first post, you should learn that they have a ton of respect in the Industry & A Best Web community.
    What does my post count have to do with anything?

ABW Ambassador
    Nothing much. Except not many people know you here and cannot ascertain how credible what you say might be .. Anycase, you got the attention of Brian and I am sure he'll do the needful to determine why your account was closed.

As you know, good networks need to close down bad affiliates and bad merchants, to protect the integrity of the network. Let the time determine what will be found out by Brian on your account closure!

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar

It means you are a newbie, flying in here with problems w/ someone we all know to be SOLID!

It means that we take you seriously, but don't put a lot of tears behind it, as SAS has shown themselves to be a Professional Service and Johnny on the spot when it comes to SERVICE!

Sorry you had probs, but by you registering here and voicing your complaint, we all know it will get resolved.

Have a great Day!

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

Nothing much. Except not many people know you here and cannot ascertain how credible what you say might be ..
    I was referring more to how he suggested I wouldnt know SAS has respect in the community based on my post count. Just because someone doesnt post doesnt mean they cant read

Quote Originally Posted by RemodelingGuy
    It means you are a newbie, flying in here with problems w/ someone we all know to be SOLID!

It means that we take you seriously, but don't put a lot of tears behind it, as SAS has shown themselves to be a Professional Service and Johnny on the spot when it comes to SERVICE!

Sorry you had probs, but by you registering here and voicing your complaint, we all know it will get resolved.

Have a great Day!
    They have a lot of solid things that break everyday.

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=127313

User had 3 posts and SAS was wrong in closing his account
    Not saying they are in my case just pointing out that a members post count shouldn't reflect how a problem is looked upon. My being with SAS for 2 years should mean more then if I had 1 million posts here.

Just a gentle reminder that although we all know SAS to be reputable, forward thinking, and a good citizen, it DOES NOT mean that they are perfect. I know it's difficult to take a new forum member at their word, but we also shouldn't completely discount their claims.

We may find out the truth behind this, or we may not. Neither the poster nor SAS owe us an explanation here after the fact.

It's likely, however, that we'll get one.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    They have a lot of solid things that break everyday.
    You're proving my point.

And Kev, you're spot on bro..

We all screw up.

Me? More than I care to admit -

I-Deals Dude, It will get resolved.

I don't use SAS much.

Not even a big fan of their merchants in my niches.

Just been around long enough to know they take care of business.

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

ShareASale.com isn't perfect, but they're honest and fair. If a mistake was made, I have no doubt that they'll do the right thing.

I think members here have two concerns:

1) ShareASale.com is highly respected, so we're quick to defend them.

2) Over the years, we've seen dozens of people come to ABW and complain about how they've been terminated or not paid. Almost every time, it turns out that they were caught trying to defraud the network and/or merchants. Not always, but almost always.

I hope it was just an honest mistake and that you're the exception to what we normally see.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread