Tanking Numbers for Dr. Jay's?
    I've seen conversions tank for one of my biggest earning merchants. The conversion rate has been cut in half for over a week now and the EPC (for the entire network) has dropped about 75%.

I know numbers fluctuate, but this is more than just a day or two...the numbers have been in the tank for over a week now. Is anyone else seeing similar problems?

The merchant in question is Dr. Jay's. Last year there was a tracking issue with them immediately following an update of the system.

I'm seeing similar drop in sales with them. A lot of things are kind of slow now though; the first few weeks following Christmas.

Did you have same problem at this time last year?
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Actually, no.

For a similar number of visits, this time last year I was doing two to three times the numbers I'm doing so far this month. It isn't even close.

Well I can confirm that I'm seeing similar drop in sales for them. I just figured it's partly seasonal, and partly economic situation.

Get in touch with Casey and ask what's up? They'd certainly be concerned about whether something's off-kilter with tracking; they're one of the most pro-affiliate merchants out there.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Hi,

We are tracking sales for the program and are working with the client to fully understand if any changes have occurred that would impact volume.

Thank you,

Jamie

Last edited by urbancorner; January 21st, 2010 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Need To

They have a positive $ EPC, sooo.... sales are being tracked and reported. EPC is lower than normal, and my conversion rate with them is lower than normal, but I can't help but figure that it's probably just a lull in sales. Times are changing; a lot of people are having a tough time making ends meet.

Got this e-mail today...

Dear Publisher,

This notification is to inform you that DrJays.com recently discovered an internal site issue that intermittently affected tracking for their affiliate program from approximately November 24, 2009 through January 8, 2010. As a result, DrJays.com will be compensating publishers with a one-time commission adjustment based on the growth rate experienced during the previous year. The commission adjustment will be included with January's commission payments.

DrJays.com would like to thank you for your continued support of its affiliate program. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.

Sincerely,

Kristina R. Miller
    Account Manager - DrJays.com Affiliate Program
    This language is really vague. Does anyone read this and think that our expected payments for that time period could go DOWN? At first I didn't, but re-reading it makes me wonder. Are they going to adjust the overall commissions or just make a little bonus payment like they did when tracking went down for a few days last Christmas?

ABW Ambassador
    ...an internal site issue that intermittently affected tracking for their affiliate program from approximately November 24, 2009 through January 8, 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by urbancorner
    ...when tracking went down for a few days last Christmas?
    So their tracking "accidentally went down" every holiday season? Wow, how convenient is that?

"based on growth rate" that does kind of sound like somebody whose sales are "steady" may wind up with zilch for compensation. Would probably be better to base it on average sales over a period of time.

Hi,

I have also seen a huge drop. My conversion rate was at plus 2% and suddenly it went down to 0.46% where it is at now. My epc was well over 25$ and now it has dropped to 5.44$. I invested lots in search engine marketing and other marketing efforts during the holiday season.

Hope this gets sorted out soon.

"based on growth rate" that does kind of sound like somebody whose sales are "steady" may wind up with zilch for compensation. Would probably be better to base it on average sales over a period of time.
    Even worse? What if you saw negative growth for the year? What does that mean to your December numbers?

That's exactly what I mean. That sounds like if somebody averaged 20k monthly sales in 2008 and then averaged 15k monthly sales in 2009, they may not get compensated at all?

I have received an amount that would have covered the commissions missed by the outage. And I am glad to see that drjays takes care of their affiliates.

They just popped up on Pepperjam too. Without a datafeed. I hope they're just augmenting their affiliate exposure, as opposed to migrating their program to another network altogether. I don't look forward to the amount of rebuild work that would involve.

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Hi,

The DrJays affiliate program is not being terminated from our network so please keep involved and active.

Have a great weekend!

Thanks,

Jamie

@dabomb: When did you receive the adjustment for untracked sales? I knew one was coming, but I haven't seen one yet.

@david: Are the terms at Pepperjam the same as here with GAN?

6% flat. I don't see any mention of volume bonuses there.

Quote Originally Posted by urbancorner
    @dabomb: When did you receive the adjustment for untracked sales? I knew one was coming, but I haven't seen one yet.
    Run a transaction report for Jan 2010; it should show up in there.

15 years and counting
    From PepperJamNetwork DRJAYS Additional Program Policies:
    ·We do NOT allow direct linking.
    ·We allow downloadable software partners to join our program.
    ·We allow incentivized partners to join our program.

At least they put it in writing!!! You may get a commission if ... I am SO glad to see that drjays takes care of their affiliates.

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread