I primarily work with the standard affiliate materials (banners, text links, full page ads, pop ads, etc).

Can someone explain the more advanced tools such as product showcase creators, product table creators, dynamic refreshing content, replicating pages, and any others I haven't mentioned? I haven't had the opportunity to work much beyond the standard affiliate materials and I'd like to learn more about other possibilities.

Regards,
    Tom

the easiest way ...

is for you to sign uo for a few of the programs that offer these advanced techniques...

all of the merchants offering these tools here at ABW offer them for free... all you need is an hosting account the is compatible with the method you are wanting to try... and some art.

I reccommend you give evitamins a if you want to try a datafeed website... they offer a live feed.

or try some of the Webstudio1 programs most offer some sort of permade template

if you really want to step into the big leagues...

then you want to try out one of guffy's or cusimano's scripts.

all of these will lead you to want to go strictly with datafeeds... with means you will need to learn PHP/ MySql or ASP

do a search to find tutorials about datafeed websites...

and last but not least... read all you can here at ABW on the subject and dont be afraid to ask questions...

Welcome to the Major Leagues...

JOe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

if you're not ready for datafeed stuff yet, see if you can find companies offering dynamic linking methods. sportsfanfare in CJ is an example. you place a little bit of script on a page and it fills the page automatically -- no maintenance. Dimout in Shareasale also, if their products appeal to your prospects.

are there any books on asp of data feed managerment.
    also is it a disadvantage as a company not having datafeeds at the beginning.

cheers,

sharon

http and a telephoto
    The product showcase creator is awesome for those of us working with a CMS like one of the nukes. Pick products by keyword or manufacturer and pop it into a content page and instant pages.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Are there any companies who have a tool or linking method that is above and beyond what other companies are offering? I guess what I'm asking is, what's the next wave in affiliate linking or product representation?

Regars,
    Tom

http and a telephoto
    There are some what I consider to be unique tools available from some of the companies represented here on ABW. One of the best with, I think, a lot of potential, is the template from eVitamins that links to the merchant's database so the information is always current.

I think that Shareasale as a network adding the page creation tool across all their merchants (so you can mix and match) is extremely innovative. It may make working with the datafeeds less important.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread