Question eHarmony / Coupons Policies
    Does anyone know if eHarmony Enforces the following policies in regards to coupon pages..Its in the policies section and also they include this in the emailed newletters...

"Coupon Code marketing Guidelines: Publishers may promote no more than two eHarmony coupon codes on any page. Publishers must use their assigned vanity codes or the Commission Junction promo codes available to all, but not both. Coupons or offer language in use must be approved and provided by Commission Junction or eHarmony only. Any use of coupons or offers not offered by CJ or eH directly to you is an infringement of eHarmony’s T’s and C’s. The use of “free personality profile” as a promotion (or any other offers other than approved coupon codes) cannot be used. However, it can be mentioned in content or a description of our service but not offered as a hook. Promotion language must be simple and clear and should illustrate to consumers the following four points only: 1)the offer 2) the coupon code 3) the expiration date 4) an approved text link only. Publishers may not use bait and switch language, misrepresentations or false advertising when promoting offers (i.e. “click here for more possible deals”). Only approved coupons and language can be used. Coupon Code Title Tag Guidelines: Effective August 28th, Coupon publishers are prohibited from using the eHarmony trade name in the title tags of coupon related web pages. Any publisher in violation of this will have his/her monthly commissions reversed. If you are currently using the eHarmony trade name in your title tag, for example “eHarmony Promotional Codes,” we suggest you change the title tag to include general dating terms, such as: “Online Dating Promotional Codes.”"
    I always ponder ...

THanks!
    Last edited by Georgie Peri; January 13th, 2010 at 10:43 PM.
    OpA! Giasou Ti kanies!

ABW Ambassador
    I doubt it.

"Publishers may promote no more than two eHarmony coupon codes on any page."

First site I checked had 2 vanity codes and 2 from CJ, so it violates the 2 coupons per page but they're good codes. That's a stupid rule.

And this is dumb as well:
    "If you are currently using the eHarmony trade name in your title tag, for example “eHarmony Promotional Codes,” we suggest you change the title tag to include general dating terms, such as: “Online Dating Promotional Codes."

That's pretty much the template for coupon sites and they have coupons so I don't see what the problem is.

Ah, haha, their own coupon page

OFFICAL eHarmony Code, eHarmony Promotional Code, eHarmony Coupons

http:// www. eharmony.com/promotional-code

They don't want competition. So maybe they do enforce it, when it comes time to reverse commissions.

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread