Quality and enriching the user experience?
    I am in the process of researching a new niche and the results from any search I do is worthless.

Quality and enhancing the user experience? Not happening here. All the links appearing on the first few pages of search results... junk. The articles appear to have been written by a fourth grader... they provide absolutely no valuable content but sure do hit the keywords... over and over and over again

I'm sure they are providing some great adword income as any one reaching those worthless pages will be clicking off that page as quickly as possible

These are not the software generated garbage we have seen in the past where you give it a paragraph and it rewrites it using synonyms. Nope now it is so in vogue not to write your own articles or do any of your own research... instead farm the work off to someone else. Than just upload the resulting crap and rake in the adword income.

Obviously search engine algorithms can't differentiate between quality useful content and this crud. I was on bottom of page three before I actually found some quality content... three pages of junk
    CharPaula
    Staying focused on the bottomline

I see that as an opportunity waiting to happen!

If there was quality (and useful) content out there, you would be seeing it before page three.

In my experience, Google is still rewarding original content, so I think you found a promising niche.

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    I know a little something about driving content rich pages...

What ticks me off more than anything in the search results from Goog is that they put a lot of emphasis on sites like Wickipedia and .gov pages.....

If you have a niche filled with idiots, play with your header and descrip tags to match the content on your page...

If you are already indexed, it shouldn't take more than 36 hours for Goog to re-index your new tags...

I've seen threads from ABW get indexed in an hour or less.

I pick a few heavily trafficked pages a month and work them up the ladder.

Competition is cool.

Keeps you on your toes!

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

Oh I agree it is a promising niche... I am just lamenting the garbage out there providing nothing of value to the user
    CharPaula
    Staying focused on the bottomline

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by charpaula
    Oh I agree it is a promising niche... I am just lamenting the garbage out there providing nothing of value to the user
    That's why we're here....

To provide that quality experience.....

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    To me, finding a niche like that would scream opportunity. Put together a quality site with great original and useful content and you could be atop that dung heap by utilizing basic SEO methods. It appears you have nobody to beat out. And the chaff you describe in the first few pages are the "nobodies".

I have found such niches in the past although they usually are fairly specific with only a potential for maybe 50 visitors a day. In such cases I would usually only write up a page or two. Generally for broader topic areas there are usually 5 to 50 fairly good sites at the top with the junk results filling up the rest of the 20 million results.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Quote Originally Posted by teezone
    I see that as an opportunity waiting to happen!
    +2

If you can provide more value and get the word out, you have a very good chance of getting a lot of great unsolicited backlinks, which will help propel you up into the top positions.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread