Vikings Fans?
    Any other Minnesota Viking fans around here?

My family is originally from Minnesota and even though I was born and raised (and have returned to) Utah, I have been a life long Vikings fan.

I was in Basic Training for the US Army the year that they went 15-1 and had to follow them a week behind via the Sunday paper. I was able to buy a Sunday paper each week and was able to see the updated standings and then had to wait til the next Sunday to hear about the results of that days games.

Luckily I finished Basic Training the week of Christmas and went to my Advanced Training at the Counter Intelligence Academy at Ft Huachuca, AZ where I was able to watch the playoff games. I still remember being in a break room of about 200 other soldiers for the NFC Championship game vs Atlanta.

Believe it or not I was the only Vikings fan in the room - Atlanta was a big underdog - so that drew a lot of fans, there was a group of soldiers from the Atlanta area and of course all of my "buddies" decided to root against my team. I ended up doing a lot of push ups on lost bets from that game.

Needless to say this season has been a great ride - having Favre has been great to not only get this far but to be able to stick it to Green Bay fans in the process. Should be a great game this Sunday!

Skol Vikings! (Bonus points for anyone else out there who knows the words to the fight song!)

Lions fan here. You don't need any luck to beat my team but may need some to beat the Saints this weekend so...Good luck!

Should be a great game this Sunday!
    Especially if the Saints win. Never a conference title so we'll see.

David - A Lions fan in Chicago?? That can't be easy.

John - Are you nervous yet?

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread