Question When are performance incentives paid?
    I assume it's the month after you've reached the incentive as I've had one paid, only one though.

Is this right? Or should you get it the month that the sales lock?

CJ's Billing Cycle
    Commission Junction will cut checks on or around the 20th of each month. Payment at this time is for sales generated the month prior. (i.e. You generate sales in January, you realize those commissions in February.) When a publisher generates a sale, the commission is now in "New" status. Commissions are reviewed and/or "Extended" by the Merchant on or before the 10th of the month following the sale. From the 10th to the 20th, CJ reviews the commissions once more to ensure quality. They will then "Lock" the commission as a sign to the publisher that payment will be made on or around the 20 of that month. CJ will "Close" a commission when payment has been issued. You can generate a Commission Summary Report to view the status of your commissions.

If you have an Incentive, like 10-12% per month, then you get paid the 10% on all sales for the month per the above. The remaining 1-2% is paid out in the next cycle though. So January sales, mean 1-2% commissions paid to you in March.

This is how I believe it works...you might want to confirm with CJ to know for sure. 1.800.761.1072 / press, 1,4,2 to reach a live person!

Thank you very much

I've sent them a message and am awaiting a response. From what you've said fits in with a schedule I'm experiencing so I'll see what they say.

In case if anyone else is wondering have had response from CJ.

Performance incentives are paid automatically and it's not a manual thing from advertisers or anyone. The money is owed when the incentive is met and the advertiser is charged and you get paid.

You are paid usually the next month after the sales lock and sometimes it will be the month after that to allow for any further reversals.

(This is my interpretation of the response I got from CJ and fits in with what kmacbc says above)
    Last edited by alphawave; January 28th, 2010 at 03:08 PM.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread