Red face Praise and a question
    After viewing all Affiliate Programs, i have decided to stick to SAS only and exclusively because of following factors:

Low charges
    Great Market reputation
    Treats Affiliates and Merchants on equal scale
    No Hankie Pankies anyways

I only wonders that how much Affiliates are registered at SAS system? just a rough idea.....

ABW Ambassador
    SAS has about 400,000 registered affiliates.

I wonder what percent of affiliates that sign up for a particular program actually become active within a certain period of time. Does anyone have any statistics on this?

I am sure that it depends on the program - but I wonder if ther are generalities?
    Mary Joyce
    Affiliate Manager for GregRobert Pet Supplies
    [URL=http://www.GRpet.com]www.GRpet.com [/URL]

Outsourced Program Manager
    personally for the two programs i run i get about 40% activation rate and of those about 25% are active with about 2% making sales
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

http and a telephoto
    It depends on the program. I have one program with a *very* high percentage of active affiliates (and not because we kick inactives out, that isn't something we do) but it is a manually approved program. Programs on Auto Approve *probably* have a lower percentage of active affiliates just because many affiliates will join a brand new program to check it out, then never actually put up links.

Another factor of course is the affiliate manager and whether they use effective techniques to entice affiliates to get active.

The final factor is how well your site converts. Active affiliates that send you traffic that doesn't result in sales will drop a merchant like a hot potato.

There are some good threads about activation of affiliates in the http://abestweb.com/bestpractices threads.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by GregRobert
    I wonder what percent of affiliates that sign up for a particular program actually become active within a certain period of time. Does anyone have any statistics on this?

I am sure that it depends on the program - but I wonder if ther are generalities?
    On an affiliate business follows 90/10 system, means out of 100 affiliates sign up, only 10 will put your links correctly on their site.... similarly out of 10 active affiliates, sales varies from 1 to 3 Affiliates...

but this doesnot mean, we should start a strategy to gain maximum affiliate, it will be waste of time, money, efforts....

Outsourced Program Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstephen
    On an affiliate business follows 90/10 system, means out of 100 affiliates sign up, only 10 will put your links correctly on their site.... similarly out of 10 active affiliates, sales varies from 1 to 3 Affiliates...

but this does not mean, we should start a strategy to gain maximum affiliate, it will be waste of time, money, efforts....
    If your getting 30% of ur active affiliates making sales (what do u mean by active? They have a link up or are sending clicks every day) Do you consider an affiliate active if he sends 1, 2 3 clicks/day? Or ....

your doing very Well.

Its Quality not Quantity that counts!!
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by Richard - AMWSO
    If your getting 30% of ur active affiliates making sales (what do u mean by active? They have a link up or are sending clicks every day) Do you consider an affiliate active if he sends 1, 2 3 clicks/day? Or ....

your doing very Well.

Its Quality not Quantity that counts!!
    This is what i said so in my post, and an active affiliate means, an affiliate who actively participte and put effort towards sales or clicks or signups....

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread