Terminated By Apartments.com ???
    After working with Apartments.com through Commission Junction for a couple of years and having an established relationship with the affiliate manager there, we log into our Commission Junction interface one day and see they've terminated us!!

Now, it seems the prior manager which we had worked with, Andrew, is no longer handling the account. Perhaps he's moved on to do other things at Apartments.com or maybe he's gone somewhere else, who knows. But the new manager handling the account, Emile, sent us a very nice introduction letter and we had an initial correspondence in which this new manager said in plain words "I look forward to working more closely with you!"

Less than 2 weeks after this initial welcoming correspondence with the new affiliate manager, they've terminated the relationship. WE'VE BEEN DUMPED!!

Furthermore, Apartments.com has yet to respond to our inquiry to at least provide an explanation of this sudden change of heart they've had.

Has Anyone else gotten dumped by Apartments.com???

Same Here
    I got dumped too.
    After I sent emails to all apartment.com
    I have received this answer:

Thank you for your email. We have recently scaled back our program with Commission Junction and, as a result, have terminated relationships with many of our publishers. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and wish you all the best in future endeavors.

Question Do U Know Other Apartments for rent affiliate websites???

that's funny, I got the part of the same response that you had gotten: 'We have recently scaled back our program with Commission Junction and, as a result, have terminated relationships with many of our publishers.'

But following that part of the message, they said that I had been one of the publishers they were keeping on because of our good performance. Following that, I even had a welcoming correspondence with their new affiliate manager, Emile, which ended in the both looking forward to an ongoing relationship. One week after that I see they've terminated us in the CJ interface! On top of that we had been working with them for quite a while. Now they don't even return e-mails or answer their telephones with an explanation. We've been dumped!!!!!

Classy operation they're running over there at Apartments.com !!!!!!

I guess they haven't read this thread:

What To Do With Inactive Affiliates

This is probably one of the biggest mistakes that any affiliate manager can make, IMHO.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I created a Java interface for Apartments.com to use on my news service and then they too terminated our relationship. This about 2 years ago. I reinstalled the interface without the cj hooks and moved on. In my case-- I am a software developer and wanted the interface for my showcase site of tools-- the reason I installed without affiliate links from cj.

Glad to know I was not the only one they "kicked to the curb".

Regina Thomas
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; January 22nd, 2010 at 11:05 AM. Reason: no manual signature

Was also terminated after Emilie sent a nice letter stating they were scaling back on their affiliates:

"I wanted to let you know that you are one of the top publishers in our program. Congratulations! Because of the high demand, we have restructured our program and have recently expired publishers who were not producing a significant amount of traffic and leads to Apartments.com. You are one of the publishers we are keeping in the program at this time because we value your high amount of leads, thanks again.

Furthermore, although I’m sure you will have no problem with this, I feel I must technically note that with our restructured program, you must maintain your significant amount of traffic in order to remain in the program. If we feel your traffic has decreased close to the minimum threshold, I will contact you immediately and we can work together to get your numbers back up."

I was terminated January 22, 2010. Calls to Emilie go straight to voicemail. I've had no voicemails or emails returned. Very strange when my traffic numbers were way up since that last email.

I wonder how long Emile will keep her job. She has to be messing up big time, this surely doesn't sound like a strategy.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

I had been using Rent.com - not in a BIG way, only here in the Baltimore market, but was consistently getting checks. I do get some serious traffic for Baltimore Real Estate. On day last November I received a nice check via snail mail and a termination notice via email (which was followed two days later by written notice.)

It took me less than 15 minutes to replace them with AdSense. I'm now earning a bit more with the AdSense blocks and many of those ads are "www.Rent.com/baltimore" and "www.Apartments.com" among others. Lots of choices and expensive clicks. Go figure. (So, in effect, they are still paying me but now I don't have to have conversions to get the money. )
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread