Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    HANOVER, Germany (Reuters) - A tip from reward-seekers and information from Microsoft led to the arrest of an 18-year-old suspected of creating the "Sasser" computer worm, German police and the software giant said on Saturday.

Spokesman Frank Federau for Lower Saxony police said police were certain they had the man behind one of the Internet's most costly outbreaks of sabotage.

"We are absolutely certain that this really is the creator of the Internet worm because Microsoft experts were involved in the inquiry and confirmed our suspicions and because the suspect admitted to it," he said in an interview with Reuters Television.

more here
    http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...microsoft_dc_5
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I read he will only get 5 years, if that! The creep should get pay restitution ($$$$$$$$) and do about 50 years!
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

how come no one ever makes worms that go around patching peoples computers from other existing worms.

even with auto update anti viruses and auto windows update it still surprises me how many people manage to get infected with things.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    With all of Gates money and obvious drain on Microsoft's techies, you'd think he'd secretly contract a MS death squad to just whack the virus writers and counterfeiting perps.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    With all of Gates money and obvious drain on Microsoft's techies, you'd think he'd secretly contract a MS death squad to just whack the virus writers and counterfeiting perps. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Mike!
    Don't even joke about it.
    A lot of people are very uncomfortable already about the power that sitting on the entire world's desktop gives Microsoft.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread