Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    ASW10 - A great event overall
    Overall a great event in Vegas: Great Keynote by Dr. Cialdini (without a slur word), Great sessions, Great people to network, Great parties, etc. It's just fantastic overall.

Special thanks to the organizers (Missy/Shawn) and all the people I met who made it a sweet and a great experience. Also, thanks to all the companies who invited me to their special hosted parties/dine-outs (SAS, LS, Buy.at, oND, CJ, ABW, etc.) at awesome avenues. The bowling event was also nicely done!. Plus Ctang's bachelorette party was a nice personal celebration!.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    I agree, great keynote with Dr. Cialdini. Looking forward to watching that again on video. Once again you guys nailed it.

Agreed. Redtagdeals, you've just about said it all. Bravo to Missy and Shawn and the entire Affiliate Summit team.

Being on the "merchant side" for the first time was a new experience for us. It proved to be every bit as valuable as it was when we attended exclusively (5 previous times) as affiliates. Our Meet Market Table investment proved to be an incredibly valuable endeavor.

It was refreshing to be able to listen to a keynote speaker who did not have a speech impediment.
    Last edited by Bill; January 21st, 2010 at 10:30 AM. Reason: typing impediment :)
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Absolutely incredible event! INCREDIBLE TURNOUT, one fabulous keynote, great sessions (Wil Reynolds was the highlight there, once again), great parties, and great networking.

My only suggestion for improvement would be the space in the Meet Market. It really needed a far bigger room, both for more tables and more walkway.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

This show was freakin' huge. I had heard an estimate that there were 4200 people in attendance. I would love to see final numbers and see how they compare to last year. I'm betting it's a 25 - 50% increase.

Kudos to Shawn, Missy and their tireless staff!

4125 pre-registered was the number I heard. I'm sure there were cancellations, but the on-site registration line always had people in it, so I wouldn't be surprised if the final count was even higher.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    one fabulous keynote
    Hey, weren't there two keynotes?
    --

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehan
    Hey, weren't there two keynotes?
    Yes, there was one more on Tuesday. That was good too but it paled in comparison to Dr. Cialdini's

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    My only suggestion for improvement would be the space in the Meet Market. It really needed a far bigger room, both for more tables and more walkway.
    Talking of suggestions, I have a couple.

a) Lines at Starbucks were disgusting. I missed at least one or two sessions/meetings as a result of waiting in there!. If possible charge a little bit more for the conference but provide coffee in the expo hall or at some other common place.
    b) For those lucky ones who got the "Limited Platinum Passes", provide a way to upgrade to "All Access Platinum". I was not aware there were 2 types of platinum passes until I got the badge!.

The above were only suggestions, not to be misunderstood how fabulous many other things went. Kudos to all organizers, participants, merchants, fellow affiliates, CPS networks and those evil but necessary (sponsorship wise) CPA networks!.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Four days worth of networking and I have a stack of cards I am still replying to. Thought this was a great summit and the Meet Market was out of control. Shawn and Missy listened to us as there were more networking opportunities.

Affiliate Manager
    It was a wonderful time. Yes, I agree with you Michael about the Meet Market. I wouldn't mind waiting in line to speak with someone if there were somewhere to wait. Being only 5ft and a couple- I was pushed around a lot in the Meet Market. Good times though! I look forward to video access.
    [COLOR="Green"][SIZE="2"]Partner with VerticalResponse and earn up to $125 per sale! [URL="http://bit.ly/itF4W2"][U]Apply Now[/U][/URL].[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I like this show better than Ad-Tech. It is so targeted & bustling. One thing that was a bit overwhelming was what seemed like a very large number of health offer related companies exhibiting.

Nice meeting ya'll & looking fwd to the next one!
    [URL]http://Essociate.com[/URL]

It was my first ASW and I had a great time. There were a number of great events to attend and network at. Between the Meet Market, Exhibition Halls, the Keynote Speakers and the Parties... it's hard to believe it was all done in three days. Thanks for putting on such a successful event!

stefanie mcnally
    affiliate manager
    aim:stefaniembloosky
    bloosky interactive

Really wish I could have attended but had an emergency I had to attend to

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary-AvantLink
    I agree, great keynote with Dr. Cialdini. Looking forward to watching that again on video. Once again you guys nailed it.
    Sorry to say that Dr. Cialdini would not permit us to record and share the keynote.
    Affiliate Summit - Las Vegas on January 10-12, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHawkins
    This show was freakin' huge. I had heard an estimate that there were 4200 people in attendance. I would love to see final numbers and see how they compare to last year. I'm betting it's a 25 - 50% increase.
    We had 3,207 attendees last year and 4,125 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by redtagdeals
    a) Lines at Starbucks were disgusting. I missed at least one or two sessions/meetings as a result of waiting in there!. If possible charge a little bit more for the conference but provide coffee in the expo hall or at some other common place.
    We had coffee service on Monday and Tuesday from 10:00am-12:30pm and 2:00pm-6:00pm in room Amazon A-E.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Collins
    We had coffee service on Monday and Tuesday from 10:00am-12:30pm and 2:00pm-6:00pm in room Amazon A-E.
    Incredible, I did not even see them. Was it only for Platinum All Access (or for everybody) or for Platinum Limited and Platinum All Access. Any case, I missed on it. So, something is wrong with the way it was setup or communicated.

Congrats on a great show though!. Well done!!. I loved the Keynote without the speaker having to rely on slur or F-words to get attention from the crowds. At the end, I was standing and clapping endlessly for the keynote speaker. I also ordered couple of Dr. Cialdini's books from Amazon already!. In contrast I did not buy any book written by that Gary fellow you had as a keynoter!.

ABW Ambassador
    Sorry to say that Dr. Cialdini would not permit us to record and share the keynote.
    I can understand why Dr. Cialdini wants to keep the keynote scarcity there. You must have gone to lengths to get him to even address us all in the 1st place. Much appreciated that you gave a great speaker to the audience with tidbits that all of the marketers and consumers can use every minute of their lives!

Quote Originally Posted by redtagdeals
    Incredible, I did not even see them. Was it only for Platinum All Access (or for everybody) or for Platinum Limited and Platinum All Access. Any case, I missed on it. So, something is wrong with the way it was setup or communicated.
    Coffee was for all attendees - we listed it on the agenda and have had the coffee breaks for all attendees for all of our 14 conferences.

Man, I wish this was announced somewhere. I missed the keynote for a meeting with an affiliate company with the false assumption that this would be filmed like prior keynotes. Guess I have to hope to find a bootleg filmed version from someone in the audience.

On another topic, it would be great if attendees could please report the Rio to their credit card companies for requiring ID to be shown with credit card purchases at any of their quick restaurants (Starbucks, sports grill, buffet, at least). It's easy to do with MasterCard ( http://www.mastercard.com/us/persona...iolations.html ), and Visa you have to contact your issuing bank.

ABW Ambassador AffiliateSummitMissy's Avatar
    Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the feedback. Because of your comments, we've implemented a number of changes across our shows and I think that it's getting better and better (and I'm not just saying that because I'm partial as the Show Mommy) ;-)

The Survey will be sent out soon to all the attendees. I hope that you'll take a moment to fill them out so that we can database all the critical feedback in one place.

Thanks again for all the great memories!
    Shine on,

Missy Ward

Co-founder of Affiliate Summit, FeedFront Magazine , GeekCast.fm & itsaWAHMthing.com
    Co-Publisher of Revenews.com and Revenews.org
    Founder of AffiliateMarketersGiveBack.com Personal Blog: MissyWard.com

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    I feel like I say this every time, but this Summit was by far the best yet. There were more attendees, but the quality of attendees was also up. I met many contacts that I will be following up on in the coming days.

I think this will be the best show yet from an ROI perspective for me, and am more than impressed by Missy, Shawn and Team every time.

Thank you so much for a fantastic event!
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

I think I need more practice with the five hours of sleep, three nights in a row thing, but other than that and the rain it was great.

Did anyone go out Tuesday night? Some of the gun show people were pretty rowdy.

ABW Ambassador
    Coffee was for all attendees - we listed it on the agenda and have had the coffee breaks for all attendees for all of our 14 conferences.
    Then my bad. I had the schedule from sched dot org and stuck to it. Most of my sessions were in Brasilia 6 and whenever I wanted coffee, I rushed to Starbucks and put up with long waits!.

Once again, as I have been saying repeatedly, this is one of the best summits ever IMHO. Keep up the good work.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast