I just checked my stats at Google for the last two days and I believe they are a good example of what afilate marketing should be. There is no parasiteware,no problems with networks or crooked merchants.You get paid for performance.
    Impressions-1600-,clicks-127,click tru ratio of 7.9% and revenue of $27.00. Not much in some of your eyes but I am a small player. If I had a good site with 20 times the clicks I would be quite happy. This tells me that PPC is the only true way to go.Sincere merchants should offer this together with commissions. Affilate marketing is another form of advertising and we should get something for our efforts,even if it is PPC.Can you place an ad in your local newspaper and tell them you will pay for it from the commissions they earn from the sales generated from the sales from your ad? No. Like wise television,radio and magazines. From what I see merchants use us free and there are two many loopholes. Yes I know there are some you who are doing very well but you constitute about 5% of affilates who are trying to make money.This is my 2cents anyhow.

What I like is you get paid what you see on the stats... no reversals, chargebacks or surprises.. you made $x yesterday, you'll get a check for it... cool

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Not much in some of your eyes but I am a small player. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Continue to be a player by not reporting your stats; Adsense's TOS prohibits you from discussing numbers in public.

Wayne

Sorry. I just wanted to make some kind of comparision.I have been reading a lot of the posts here and the same old complaints keep popping up. I believe this situation is only going to get worse

ABW Ambassador
    Adsense has been steady for me, declining a bit lately but not nearly to the extent of my across-the-board affiiate sales drop. So your point is well taken.

Just wanted to give you a heads up about the TOS. Google made a lot of noise at first about enforcing the ban on discussing stats.

Wayne

Mailman, PM on it's way!

I'm phasing out affiliate programs from my sites, only using them occasionally.

Although google adsense is a great way to earn money, even newbs can do it, you still dont want to completely rely on it. I'm making close to a 4 digit number a day from google adsense but I'm still making sites that sell tangible goods through affiliate programs just to diversify, you never know what google is going to do...

ABW Ambassador
    "There is no parasiteware"

Yes there is. There are applications on people's computers that are triggered from keywords(text) on web pages/Adsense ads and launch competing contextual advertising. And ad blockers block Adsense ads too.

"This tells me that PPC is the only true way to go."

Nope, many more problems than commission based selling(CPA). PPC was popular years ago and because of all the problems (fraudulent clicks) most merchants phased it out and now only pay for actual sales.

ABW Ambassador
    It is remarkable how pay per click, after a fast start, was in the gutter, but now it is coming back with a vengence.

It is great to have some alternatives again when a merchant stops performing.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mailman:
    click tru ratio of 7.9% <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>My early CTR was higher than the current (people clicking out of curiosity is my only thought), but by no means has it ever been that high.
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by weisinator:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mailman:
    click tru ratio of 7.9% <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>My early CTR was higher than the current (people clicking out of curiosity is my only thought), but by no means has it ever been _that high_. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The highest I have had is 8.4%, but it does fluctuate from day to day.

Try moving your ads to a different part of the page

My Google Adsense stats are screwed up today... Anyone else seeing the same?

CDC

ABW Ambassador
    Yes we are seeing the same cdc. Our traffic is really good today, google, however,is not. Glad it's not only us.

Robin

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I'm making close to a 4 digit number a day from google adsense <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now, I would very much like that! I feel great when my own stats inch up towards three digit numbers on a daily basis (excluding the cents column!) - and is an event that doesn't happen that much, either.

What kind of traffic are you generating to get nearly 4 digits a day from AdSense??

ABW Ambassador
    Almost 4 digits a day? Meaning almost $1,000 a day? $365,000 a year? Damn thats good

same here google adsense stats is totally messed up today. good too see others are having the same issue. My traffic is up but adsense is pethetic today.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    Almost 4 digits a day? Meaning almost $1,000 a day? $365,000 a year? Damn thats good <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Based on Google's SEC filings, 365K makes up a very respectable portion of total payout to Adsense members. Damn that's good!

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ian @ eyiproducts.com:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    Almost 4 digits a day? Meaning almost $1,000 a day? $365,000 a year? Damn thats good <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Based on Google's SEC filings, 365K makes up a very respectable portion of total payout to Adsense members. Damn that's good! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I would imagine lots of adsense peeps are like me. If his chunk is a "respectable portion" according to SEC filings, then there must be one of those "5% make 100/month" curves with adsense, too.

A guy on the Amazon board says he does excellent but admits he's small potatoes compared to a few big players.
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

Do you put Adsense on all your pages? I used to on one of my sites, and my affiliate sales were really low. Once I removed the Adsense off of my sales pages, sales started coming in. So I never put the ads back. These sales more than made up for what Adsense was bringing me.

I guess we have to test and analyze results to see which way is better. People who are "shopping" are more likely to click on more links than those who are looking for something specific before they buy. Adsense could very well erase a cookie with the new click even if they're going to the exact same site but through a different affiliate link.

Now I only have Adsense on non-converting merchant pages and information pages. Click through is still good, but declined somewhat. However, sales have replaced that income and has been better for me.

I would love to have a 4 figure income in ONE DAY regardless of where it came from, and even if I only did that once!!! WTG!

Catwoman

I make 4 digits a day with adsense, but there's a decimal point in the middle.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

We had a couple of sites that were Non Producers. Two links were actually doing 'something' from SAS, but all other links were simply ignored. We tried everything over a couple of months from subtle to garish and nothing made any difference. Our last effort was a SmartZone that we yanked after almost two million impressions produced some 600-odd clicks and no revenue. We took everything off and put Adsense on (hey, we had nothing to loose...). The first day didn't even clear coffee money for the day, but Day Two was Pay Day and has continued that way.

So we put it on a couple of other sites and the revenue dropped like a rock in water. Took it off pretty quickly.

I wouldn't say that Adsense is the final word in making a few bucks... it all depends on the type of visitor that you're attracting.

CodeJockey.

CJ: pm sent.

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread