Search Engine Ranking Tips To Drive Traffic
    To learn how to get higher search engine ranking and drive website traffic you need to understand the principles that govern the way the search engines work. Without an understanding of these concepts and a system to incorporate them into everything you do online you will not get the success you are looking for. On the other hand learn how to master them and you could easily be dominating niches all over the internetsending thousands of potential customers to your site daily.

So what are the concepts that govern search engine ranking and how do I improve mine ?
    Here they Are:
    1.Relevancy
    2.Popularity
    3.Originality

Relevancy
    Relevancy is a very simple concept. Relevancy = related content. For example if your website was about golf, related content would include information about such things as; golf clubs, golf courses and golf lessons. Content about anything other than the topic of the website or related topics would not score for relevancy, therby having no chance of ranking in the search engines. Search engines check your site for relevancy.
    When creating content make sure it is always highly targeted to the topic of the website. Be aware that highly relevant content by itself will not improve search engine ranking. To score with the search engines your site must have other sites pointing to it.. Relevancy does not work without popularity and original content.

How To Increase Search Engine Ranking and Drive Website Traffic With Relevant Content
    First you must write content specifically targeted to a keyword. Imagine you are trying to rank in the search engines for this keyword phrase, the topic I am currently writing about, " Improve Search Engine Ranking". Firstly, you would want to write an article specifically on the topic people are searching for, (eg.improve search engine ranking),if you want your content to rank in the search engines for that phrase. Make sure you include the keyword phrase in the title of the article, for example your title could be "3 Steps To Improve Search Engine Ranking". Always try to put the keyword or keyword phrase at the biginning of the article title. You would also need to make sure you use the keyword phrase, "improve search engine rankings ", several times throughout the article. Finally make sure your content remains 100% relevant to the keyword phrase.

Popularity
    Popularity is about the number and quality of other sites that recognise your site. Popularity is based on two key measures:

1.The number of sites llinking to you
    A sites popularity is measured firstly by the number of sites that directly link to your site. As an illustration lets take a quick look at Youtube. Youtube is one of the most highly trafficed sites online, Why? All links and embed codes taken from Youtube and embedded on a site outside Youtube, whether that be facebook, myspace, a blog, a sales page or a website, creates an automatic link back to Youtube where the video is hosted. Every time someone shares a Youtube video a link is created. With the number of videos shared Youtube gets thousands new incoming links daily This is one of the reasons why youtube videos rank very highly on the search engines. Their site is super popular.

2.How popular are the sites that link to your site
    The greater the popularity of the site linking into your website the higher the popularity ranking given to your site by the search engines.

How To Create Link Popularity To Increase Get Higher Search Engine Ranking and Drive Website Traffic
    The popularity principle applies to all sites, the more incoming links the greater the popularity. Therefore it is essential to syndicate the content of your site,(with a direct link to the content on your site), to as many sites as possible. The internet presents a host of sites where you can post your content for free to Increase your search engine rankings including highly popular websites like article directories, blogs, social bookmarking sites, video sites, press release and social network pages.

Originality
    It is essential that your site contains highly relevant unique content. Search engines check to make sure the exact same information is not posted all over the web. As an example if I took a highly relevant and popular article from my site and posted it to hundreds of sites it would not rank high in the seach engines as it would no longer be deemed unique.

How To Keep Your Site Content Unique And Spread It To Improve Search Engine Rankings and Drive Website Traffic
    There is no doubt that spreading your unique content across the internet is important for driving traffic to your site. The trick is to spin your content and add a link back to the original content on your site before posting. Spinning is a popular term used to describe the process of changing the titles, key words and phrases throughout your article to make a number of versions. Placing your articles all over the web with a direct link back to the original source on your website will increase search engine rankings.

Follow the steps above and I guarantee you will see an increase in the number of visitors to your site. To learn more about how you can improve search engine rankings and drive more traffic to your site it is important to learn all you can about search engine rankings.

If your really serious about turbocharging your traffic visit the following link to access my free marketing training. You can learn everthing you need to know about driving website traffic and building a massive super responsive list here. This will explode your traffic.

ABW Ambassador

He is.

Funny, though, that one of the main points is providing unique content that isn't posted all over the Internet, yet he posts this all over. I guess it's "do as I say, not as I do".
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    May be the post on his own site wasn't original to begin with. He might have copied it from somewhere.

Michael. You seem to know a bit about SE ranking and I have a question. If your domain name relates to a specific industry and maintains a high ranking in the SE'S when you search out related keywords,does this mean that your domain is of any added value?

Hi Hop111! thanks for the post. Very infomative and easy to understand for a newbie like myself.Cheers.

ABW Ambassador
    Don't do it, it's too obvious and a waste of time. And you're gone.
    Last edited by Trust; January 25th, 2010 at 02:57 PM.

Useful article... But common content. It still serves as a good reminder to us all the importance to be original. The challenge everyone faces is putting theory into practice and being the most efficient about it.

~a.k.a
    Aiden Kris A.

1.Relevancy 2.Popularity 3.Originality 4.Uniqueness is very necessary to become good site in SE eyes but for traffic and rank need quality link building for site is must.

Hey Michael,
    I think you missed my point. The article on my blog is original and unique content. I simply spin the articles and post them to directories with a backlink to the original content on my blog. The search engines identify my site as the aurthority and rank me higher. THe proof is in the pudding. Im ranking on google page 1 for a ton of highly targeted keywords which is driving traffic to my site. How about you

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread