Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    I've been thnking about finding more and more merchants that are not associated with any network and operate their affiliate programs individually and independently.

I know a lot of you already promote many of them, Any particular ways you locate these programs? upto now, the only way I have found new programs is either from CJ, linkshare, performics, befree or ABW .. with the last one being my single largest source of finding good network-indipendent programs, I'm sure there are many other sources, care to share the info?

Thanks in Advance!
    AB.
    Gift Shopping Zone Affiliate Program on SAS - 10% per sale with unlimited cookie duration, over 10,000 products.

ABW Ambassador
    The way i've found them are:

do a google search - affiliate or partner "what you're looking for"

check out bizrate, they have merchants with and without affiliate programs, network and indy. Might take some digging but the good thing is they have consumer ratings which helps in picking out good merchants.

Visit a big shopping site/deal site like a fatwallet, couponmountain type of site and see what indys they're using. They get a lot more traffic than the normal affiliate and i imagine they would only use indys that convert and pay.

I think there are some sites listing indy programs but from what i've seen most suck and are not kept up to date.

ABW Ambassador
    do be careful as some indy ones try and get away without paying you!
    this has happened to me twice, especially using the excuse their whole site has gone down! or been hacked etc.
    some completely change during upgrades, and also forget to tell you they have been taken over by new owners etc.

its wild out there!!!

ABW Ambassador
    >do be careful as some indy ones try and get away without paying you!

WE PAY

ABW Ambassador
    There's nothing like finding a good converting and paying indy. Most shopping sites have the same merchants every other shopping site has, same coupons and deals every other shopping site has. Good to give your site visitors some choice. 99% of indys are parasite free, usually pay better commission, usually not much competition and the good ones are very responsive. I'm now in the mood to go do some Indy Huntin'

Is this a good indy?
    http://www.beddingandbath.com/cgi-bi...teProgram.html

You never know until you try.

ABW Ambassador
    Almost forgot about this site, some good ones here:

http://www.affiliatecash.com

- need to wait for the first check before i know they pay
    - i don't like too much checks, like consolidate
    - more complicated application, need print fax or mail docs
    - force you to work/concentrate on only a few merchants
    - no time to keep track of their program status
    - better for affiliates located in the same country as that merchant

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    Almost forgot about this site, some good ones here:

http://www.affiliatecash.com <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Trust, that is definitely a good directory. fwiw, we are in it

AffiliateBuddha: How about our program?

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    Trust,

thanks for the ideas, I'm off indie hunting too! You have a very strong point there, indie promotion does make your site unique, plus you can promote products that target to niche markets that have not been explored extensively by most affiliates so even with less SEO and other stuff, getting traffic is normally easy, and converting it is even easier.

Tamalyn,
    I've thought a lot about that, but the mammoth scale in which I am going to promote these indies, it really won't matter if a check or two are not mailed, I'll send those non-payers a few emails, if I get no replies I'll simply stop promoting them.

Adam,
    Yep, I know - even got a few of those e-checks from you, will be promoting your program more aggressively now on my next few sites

Ian,
    Will check it out, thanks for letting me know. I'll PM you as soon as I start promoting.
    Gift Shopping Zone Affiliate Program on SAS - 10% per sale with unlimited cookie duration, over 10,000 products.

ABW Ambassador
    I found an indy just by asking.

They sent me a link exchange request. I asked them if they had a paid traffic program. They said yes. Woo! Yay!
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread