Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Arghhhhhhh
    Just created a wonderful new page, filled with content, wrote at least 5 paragraphs of good stuff, changed out all the stuff from merchants I didn't want on the page - basically spent more than 3 hours creating it and BAM - when I tried top save it, my editor froze up and the page is gone.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Trying to remember and re-create everything I wrote and did is just too much right now. I could cry but I refuse.

So I came here to complain to people who I KNOW will understand. LOL

Gonna take a break. Hrumph!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Just created a wonderful new page, filled with content, wrote at least 5 paragraphs of good stuff, changed out all the stuff from merchants I didn't want on the page - basically spent more than 3 hours creating it and BAM - when I tried top save it, my editor froze up and the page is gone.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Trying to remember and re-create everything I wrote and did is just too much right now. I could cry but I refuse.

So I came here to complain to people who I KNOW will understand. LOL

Gonna take a break. Hrumph!

Anyone who hasn't done that a bazillion times, hasn't been designing for long...

The CRAPPY part is.......

You get in that ZONE and BAM!

Tough to remember what the heck you did and now that you're ticked off, you won't get it back exactly like it was...

Much LOVE Rexanne...

I feel for you and have been there and done that a ton of times.....

Drink as glass of wine, hug your better half or take a walk.......

Whatever it is that makes you feel good.

Chances are that the second time around will be better than the first....

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

No whining allowed here!!!

I save pages all along as I'm working on them. That way if something happens I haven't lost everything.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    No whining allowed here!!!

I save pages all along as I'm working on them. That way if something happens I haven't lost everything.
    Unless of course, your page craps out on you a millisecond before auto-save catches it....

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )

Poor you Rexanne. Them's the breaks eh? superCool just had the same thing happen with a new logo he was working on - work work work work - lookin good - work work - BAM

That's not cool superCool.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Outsourced Program Manager Sarah Bundy's Avatar
    Awww, Rexanne Sorry to hear that. That's the worst. And it's frustrating because round two is never as good. Like you said, take a break, maybe have a glass of wine and go back to it later once you've calmed down about it.

Hope it goes well (and safely) next time around

http and a telephoto
    I'm actually glad it was work related and not storm related. But losing 3+ hours worth of work totally sucks.

**hugs**

Breathe, breathe..... go back to it when you are ready.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    I have done that more times that I care to count, I feel your pain.. I learned the hard way to autosave every ten minutes....

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, that sucks. I think it happens to us all at one time or another, after a few times myself, I save more often. And with Wordpress, I like that built in feature they have where it saves automatically every so often as you're working on a post.

I have those days -------

I hope you are able to re-create what you lost -- who knows? Maybe you'll think of an improvement
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Awwwwww thank you - you all made me smile My kids just thought it was funny that I was swearing at the computer - no compassion at all. LOL

And yeah, we've all done it before (this wasn't my first time duh) and I normally do save as I go but I got wrapped up, wrote some GREAT content and then started monetizing in a frenzy ... stupid. I ended up going back and tried to recreate it while it was fresh in my brain - Also helped to get me out of the funk by going back with a vengeance. LOL

I feel for all of you who have lost work like this, too. Supercool ... bummer! Hope you make a better logo than you ever expect next time around.

The positive here is we will all remember to save every five minutes or so from now on ... or until next time. ;-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

After having that happen way too many times, my left pinky and ring finger are practically glued to ctrl+S. LOL.

Sorry about losing all that work, Rexanne. Hopefully, it all came out better in the end.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

I feel your pain. I've done that countless times and have learned to "save" and "save often" - except for the time I really get on a roll. Then I tend to get in "that zone" and forget everything except what I am doing (even that saving is necessary) - until BAM...

The sad part is that with a Mac all I need to do is highlight and drag to the desktop - one easy motion - doesn't save everything but does keep a snapshot of all the text.

Hugs, Rexanne...
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Truthfully, I hate auto-save when working on my sites...

I piddle and try tons of things to see how they look....

When I get to that A-HA moment, I save everything.....

EDIT: - While working on Articles and Content, I save all the time...

Just don't set the FTP to auto-save, cause I like to hit the button myself...

Affiliate Manager
    Soooo sorry to hear about that. Hope the rewrite was even better than the first version.

Ask the spyware on your computer if they copied everything and to borrow their Cliff notes...

No seriously, I have become paranoid about saving too that when my kids do their papers I always peer over their shoulders to ask "did you save that?"... It drives them crazy

That so sucks! I was doing some compiled images with image maps last week and I had just finished an image map with like 15 areas with affiliate links and my computer crashed. 2 hours of work for nothing, had to go back and remake all my links, redo the image map.

I seriously admire you for your determination not to cry. My bottom lip was seriously shaking LOL

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by ladidah
    No seriously, I have become paranoid about saving too that when my kids do their papers I always peer over their shoulders to ask "did you save that?"... It drives them crazy
    LOL!

I'm definitely more paranoid than you are. I even Ctrl+C "LOL!" before I hit "Submit Reply"

Learned my lesson the hard way.

LOL @ all of the save freaks. It's a lesson we all learned a long time ago and so many of us don't take it as seriously as we should anymore. I will be saving after every paragraph for at least a year now. LOL

I did re-do the page, re-created the content as best I could. At least now I don't have to think about it anymore so for those who lose precious stuff, I suggest jumping right back in there or the *idea* of what you "lost" will haunt you. Not a good prosperity mind-set.

Thanks again to all who commiserated. It certainly helped me not feel so alone with my angst!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread