Despite mega traffic sent to them, I've had no sales since March. I think it's total BS! I'm thinking of removing them completely. Has everyone already seen the light or are there faitful disciples still at ABW? I'd appreciate any feedback, positive or negative.
    [SIZE=2]
    [B][URL=http://www.readydomains.com][color=blue]ReadyDomains.com[/color][/URL] - Premium domain names for sale. Your new domain is ready!
    [/B][/SIZE]

I had a horrible experience with gocollect. Drop them thats my suggestion. If they can't convert there's no since of giving them free traffic.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    They were one of my best merchants for quite a while. When they started reversing most of my sales I dumped them. I don't get many reversals so frequent reversals is a major red flag for me.

I would drop them. Never could get them to convert. I suspected their parasite buddies were responsible. There are good replacements around, some here at ABW.
    ~Ernie

http and a telephoto
    I am still converting with them. I have added other collectibles merchants from here and am starting to send them traffic too, but GoCollect is the only one that converts at all. One I am sending megahits to is not converting at all, I have high hope for two others.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SpikeDo:
    Despite mega traffic sent to them, I've had no sales since March. I think it's total BS! I'm thinking of removing them completely. Has everyone already seen the light or are there faitful disciples still at ABW? I'd appreciate any feedback, positive or negative. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I had 2 sales with them, but on cj affiliates have to change the xxxx in thier ads to whatever affiliate code they have for each affiliate, so, i lost the earnings, but at least they contacted me about it, they were 2 lighthouses, and a music box, live and learn, if i knew what to do first, i would have had 3 sales in one week. they offer higher commissions, to those not in cj, have a good mix of products a free gifts, so i havethem on all sites, except one, i have a great gift merant in sas, and i don't want to lose them. my nickles worth,
    jj

IMHO:

1) Collectibles traffic is next down the line after freebie traffic and celebrity traffic. Lots of people looking at the pics, and lots of people trying to find out what their stuff is worth rather than buying more. So conversion ratios will always tend to be low.

2) Can you say "collect"? If someone collects widgetaria figurines, they're looking for widgetaria figurines and they'll buy widgetaria figurines. It doesn't matter how lovely the AM is, how cool you think their stats are, or if they never reverse anything ... you won't sell their spludgepuppies range to a widgetaria collector. GoCollect has the widest range and largest stock of collectibles I can find.

3) Can you say "collect"? (x2). Collecting is a focused, targeted activity, but I keep seeing references to collectibles merchants and "gift sites". I'll confess that a "gift site" is about the only type I don't have, as it seems way too vague a concept to build, structure and promote. I can't imagine how you make any impact on such a vague notion - let alone sell collectibles.

4) I have fairly equivalent standalone sites for each of the main collectibles merchants and composite sites with them all included ... and GoCollect draws traffic and generates sales many times the others combined.

ABW Ambassador
    i dropped tham after every sale i made for over a year was reversed.

any posts about this topic on their forum, was always deleted, so i realised something was not quite right

i would steer clear of them! there are better programs out there.

I wonder if some of the reverse sales were due to them picking up items on the secondary market? It looks like they buy items on the open market and then resale them. They have a disclaimer about a possible price increase for these items, and about a 3 week wait, so perhaps quite a few people change their mind. I signed up for them and will be putting up some pages shortly. We'll have to see if they convert for me or not.

I know they had problems with the fact they were running multiple affiliate programs - but there were too many suspicious reversals for me. The bottom line was that I can earn more for my clicks elsewhere.. but really I've found collectibles to be too much hard work. Yes, there are some good merchants here.

I do still send them a little traffic - I get an EPC of about $2. With CollectiblesToday it's $3.60. I think Generic Gifts is even better. The bottom line is that I only use GoCollect if I can't find anyone else with the product.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Dynamoo, dude, if someone else was talking, I would understand. But you had 4.8% conversion rate this month, for the Mothers Day stuff. When is a merchant good enough for an affiliate?

Eh? I was being *nice* about you - the only reason I didn't publish some stats is that it's too difficult to log in to check 'em - I actually have to *remember* by username and password on that page!

Here we go.. Generic Gifts gives me an EPC of about $10.80. Alright that's pretty impressive
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Oh yeah. I misread your post. It was a tough day

You can create a bookmark to log in:

http://www.genericgifts.com/CommandD...page-26000.htm

Just change YOURID and YOURPASS.

Oh yes that works better

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dynamoo:
    Generic Gifts gives me an EPC of about $10.80. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That ain't Skim Milk!

WTG Moomiester and bcc!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread