Any suggestions about VPS? Hostv?
    Hello a there!
    I would like to ask your opinion about HostV.com which is recommended for me as the best web hosting provider for VPS. Do you know them? How good or bad they are?

I'm not familiar with HostV.com.

You might be able to read some honest, reliable reviews of them if you go to the webhostingtalk.com forums and search for HostV.com.

I have a VPS with WiredTree.com. I've been with them about 6 months now and they are fantastic. I would highly recommend them for anyone wanting to go with a VPS, and there are good comments about them at the webhostingtalk.com forums. WiredTree usually has some discounts and special offers you can find at those forums, too.

Just my opinion.
    Generate more fake news.

I definitely second going to webhostingtalk to read hosting reviews. Its one of the few places that isn't saturated with bias, so you should be able to find a good mix of positive and negative reviews, especially for VPSs.

httpme.com
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Never used them. I have used at least 6 other VPS hosting accounts. And let me tell ya, they are NOT all created equally. I'm fairly sure the hosting company has control over how over-subscribed they allow their processors and RAM to become. Some squeeze every last ounce of umph out of those puppies to maximize revenue from each box. This leaves you with a sssssssllllllllllloooooooowwwwwww vps. So be sure to read those reviews as suggested above before jumping in. Moving is a real hassle, so you really only get to make this decision once.
    [URL=http://hubshout.com]SEO Reseller Program[/URL]

We've never used servers from HostV, but we tried in the past quite a lot of hosting companies

A lot of hosting companies are just virtual - they resell servers of any bigger player .... e.g. Hostgator has servers hosted by ThePlanet, etc, etc.
    In general all hosting companies can offer you very similar or same hardware .... you should look for support they offer - this is main difference between hosting companies!

e.g. we'he moved all our servers to Liquidweb - their Heroic support with 30 minutes SLA is simply the best I've seen until now.
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Viktor Zeman[/FONT][/SIZE]
    [B][URL=http://www.qualityunit.com/]Quality Unit [/URL][/B] Founder and [B][URL=http://www.qualityunit.com/postaffiliatepro/]Post Affiliate Pro[/URL][/B] developer

Quote Originally Posted by purdue512 View Post
    And let me tell ya, they are NOT all created equally. I'm fairly sure the hosting company has control over how over-subscribed they allow their processors and RAM to become. Some squeeze every last ounce of umph out of those puppies to maximize revenue from each box. This leaves you with a sssssssllllllllllloooooooowwwwwww vps. So be sure to read those reviews as suggested above before jumping in. Moving is a real hassle, so you really only get to make this decision once.
    Yes, that's very much the case. Not all VPS providers are created equal - what the hardware provides is a start, and how many VPS's they cram onto one server is very important.

Having said that, I'll disagree with the part about moving. While of course individual circumstances may vary, it doesn't have to be much more involved than moving accounts from one shared host to another.

As others wrote, WHT is a good place to see reviews.
    [URL=http://themoneyforums.com]The Money Forums[/URL]

I actually haven't ever heard of them. Are they new? I checked with the BBB and have found that they are not accredited? Inmotion and Hostgator seem to be good VPS. A couple months ago I switched one of my shared hosting over to Inmotion VPS, and really started to like Inmotion a lot more than I used too.
    [URL=http://www.the-best-web-hosting-service.com/]Best Web Hosting Service[/URL] [COLOR=Blue]- Quality Reviews![/COLOR]

Affiliate Manager ParadigmWilliam's Avatar
    I have used them before. I had a few problems but had them resolved. The support is not as quick as per say Hostgator but it is there.

I had a few other problems still (ip/dns stuff) which I don't think is my problem but theirs that pops up every now and then. They say its fixed, then I see it happen again.

Another thing is (not sure if its them or me) but I have a service that checks to see if my site is up and running and emails me if it isn't. I get a few emails a day, I check it and it works but sometimes I have to refresh the page.

Overall, I needed a more managed VPS and quicker support. I just didn't have the time. Time is money, so when a server goes down its worth paying the little extra to make sure your sites are back up quick.
    [URL="http://www.manageaffiliatelinks.com/"][COLOR="Red"][B]Manage Affiliate Links[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Redirect Dead, Expired, or Broken Links

[URL="http://www.wpcoupon.com/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]WP Coupon[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Turn Wordpress into a Coupon Site!

I actually haven't ever heard of them. Are they new?
    Nobody heard of them until the OP posted. We get a lot of these here... "Have you heard of sitename.com" or "has anybody tried sitename.com?"..... and "Just wondering" they say lol.

A whois lookup usually turns up a name that mysteriously matches up with the OP's.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

I am guessing that KeaLes is them. Maybe trying to advertise at abestweb. Watcha think? One post and I am out!
    [URL=http://www.the-best-web-hosting-service.com/]Best Web Hosting Service[/URL] [COLOR=Blue]- Quality Reviews![/COLOR]

My recommended VPS would be knownhost.com. I have been with them for years and they have always been good to me. They do really want to make you happy, their full service support is fast and friendly. I only wish they also offered a windows solution.

I haven't used Knownhost, but can say that I have heard only good things about them. I use a low-cost provider (NYNOC) that is now owned by a premium provider (Steadfast), and the (unmanaged) service is great.
    [URL=http://themoneyforums.com]The Money Forums[/URL]

I had a vps at knownhost for over a year. They were gradually sliding downhill, in my experience, as far as customer service.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I moved to WiredTree almost a year ago now. Knownhost was where I was before WiredTree.

But my experience with knownhost was fine for quite awhile. As I remember, I was having trouble running some resource intensive scripts on the VPS with KH, and their only response was that I needed to add more RAM to my VPS resources -- and their price for what they said would be adequate RAM was way more than the cost of a package at WiredTree.

Added to that, I got conflicting advice as to what was wrong from three different KH support people. So, considering cost and support uncertainty -- I decided it was time for a change.
    Generate more fake news.

This thread was started several months ago but I thought I'll add my comment for the archive.

I've used KnownHost for 6 months several years ago. Quality is ok. UNIX benchmark is good. They offer semi-managed service, as far as I remember. Perhaps they've added managed VPS.

My current host is Linode. If all you want is a virtual machine, root access and no management except kernel update, that is the answer. I prefer it over Slicehost, which is now owned of Rackspace.

Just about a month ago, they increase their memory limit over all hosts for existing and new clients. This was not the first time they offer free upgrade. Last time it was disk space. Can't be happier with the benchmark. And oh, just two weeks ago, they upgrade the VPS I'm on to Nehalem (processor).

That ruined my uptime of 285 days. But I didn't mind.

If you want a cluster of VPSes to do load balance and other things, Linode is the answer. But a little note. Although they have ticketing system, the preferred support is "yourself" or the IRC chat room.

You can tell I'm a very happy customer.
    Last edited by hdlee; July 8th, 2010 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Typos

To get it for more cheaper, try Bodhost.com Web Server Hosting Provider since 1999. Try their VPS Hosting packages. They are more stable, reliable and offers 24x7 friendly support. It offers 2 months free hosting on signup, it means that you have to pay for only 10 months.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozanne View Post
    To get it for more cheaper, try Bodhost.com Web Server Hosting Provider since 1999. Try their VPS Hosting packages. They are more stable, reliable and offers 24x7 friendly support. It offers 2 months free hosting on signup, it means that you have to pay for only 10 months.
    To be clear, bodhost is your site. The 2 free months appear to be only if you prepay a year.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Dear loxly, yes it is my site, I am not disagreeing it. To be honest, I am only suggesting my services to him, and I am not a spammer or anything else. Do you think I have broken any rule? The purpose behind it is just to let him compare the hostings so that the guy can decide the best hosting for his website. And yes, if prepay a year 2 months hosting is absolutely free.

......... Try their VPS Hosting packages. ......
    It should have been: Try OUR VPS.........

...... They are more stable, reliable and offers 24x7 friendly support........
    It should have been: WE are more.........

You were trying to make yourself look like a user and not someone from the company.......

SPAM!!
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

ok, thanks for pointing it out. Its a kind request to the moderator to please remove my posts from this thread. As I don't have authority to edit the post, so please remove it.

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread