I am trying to push a web site up the ranking lists- but with all the search engine changes most are wanting some sort of money to improve ranking - does anybody have any opianions of which are worth the money - also is the goggle adword worth it-

also last but not least on meta tags- are people moving away from this and is this a better way to improve ranking.

cheers,

sharon

Hi Sharon, Sounds alot like what I had to face the last few days with search engines being finicky.I would recommend to just keep your content fresh and all your meta tags clean and up to date, if your content has been spidered before, they will return..

Paying for anything of this sort is not needed in my opinion, once you are listed, the spider will come back and look for anything new, so just keep your content fresh and submit every 2 or 3 months, not every month as you want to develop a friendship with the search engines and not wear out your welcome..

YES! many search engines still rely on the old stand by ( META TAGS )so I would recommend still keeping them,however, be sure all the important information is short and simple, overly worded this and that bores the bots and will force them to lower your position. (2)BE SURE AS I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH AS I HAVE LEARNED, don't overuse the same word in your description or keywords,the bots hate this especially and will take it as spamming and may even disqualify the site.

E-mail me with any questions, I have been in the net game since 1996 and have 4 successful web businesses, I will offer all I can to you as help.

Best of luck in your ventures,

Kevin Andrews
    BARGAIN CELLULAR
    Now Your Talking!
    http://www.bargaincellular.net

Hey Kevin:

Many thanks for your imput it really helps- I think I have been submitting to many times.

question though when the spider does its search it it directed to the homepage mostly becasue in the past I could add different url's but I think that is a thing of the past.

cheers,

sharon

Hi Sharon and your welcome; glad I could help! (2) I use the Follow Command the meta tag, this will tell the bot to surf around and not just focus on the main page.

Also check this place out:
    http://www.scrubtheweb.com/abs/meta-check.html

There is a wealth of information here that will help you build the best tags. What I would suggest is do what I did, make your new tags using the free tool and then upload it, come back to this site and analyze the URL, it will tell you how you grade and then basically over the time, this will be how the bots see your page.

Heres another little tip, stay away from copyright info, author, expire date as this is just extra gibberish for the bot to scan thru, make your info short and to the point and I can't stress enough, don't overuse a word more then 3 times, this is where scrubby comes in, this analyzer will nitpick till you get it right and in return this will be a great benefit cause you will know it's right and not be lead to guessing...

Let me know if I can help you more &
    Best of luck with your ventures...

Kevin- GO WIRELESS

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread