Animal Lover
    I just got accepted to display google ads on my site. Read through the terms of use and this came up :

You also agree not to display any other text-based or content-targeted advertisement(s) on the same Web page in connection with which an Ad Unit or any Ad is displayed.

Does that mean I have to display the ads on a page with no affiliate links???

Oscar

If you look at their Terms and Conditions, FAQ and Program Policies you will find contradictory information.

I really don't know what Google is playing at.

Hey I am making more at Adsense on a daily basis than CJ lately. Who cares?

ABW Ambassador
    There is no problem having affiliate links on the same page as Adsense ads. The intention of the restriction is to prevent you from having other text-based ads like Overture.

I'm making more on 'paper' from AdSense than most of my affiliate merchants, too...but, will they pay?
    I'm suspicious of conspiracy theories, and think the confusion over their terms and conditions is plain old-fashioned incompetence and sloppiness.
    But it's pretty f@cking sloppy to confuse thousands of partners. At the end of the day, they can do what they want. And get away with it.

ABW Ambassador
    Right, text based, and content targeted, meaning it crawls your content and targets the ads toward its findings...Regular affiliate links are okay; however, a site may be turned down if it is mostly, or entirely, affiliate links. They're looking for sites w/ content, which makes me glad I applied w/ the site I did

CarSites.us - Free promotion for your automotive-related sites!

Die Parasites Die!!

Animal Lover
    It's weird, because I didn't think they'd accept sites with purely affiliate links (which mine is) therefore I didn't even bother to submit an application. But Ian (from EYI) - thanks heaps - suggested I try (after all they can only say no) and I did...and the great google granted me an audience...

a bit shell shocked, I went to activate the account and went through the rules and terms of use and Radegast was right in that it was a bit ambiguous...the terms had what I said earlier but the FAQs had this to say in addition:

Competitive Ads
    We do not permit AdWords ads to be published on web pages that also contain what could be considered competing ads. This would include all content-targeted ads as well as text-based ads. Text-based ads, for this situation, can be loosely defined as ads that mimic AdWords ads or appear to be associated with AdWords ads on your site. We do allow affiliate or limited-text links.

Hmm...so it's okay to have affiliate links?

Oscar

ABW Ambassador
    Oscar, since the two previous responses don't satisfy you, ask Google yourself.

ABW Ambassador
    Competitive Ads
    We do not permit AdWords ads to be published on web pages that also contain what could be considered competing ads. This would include all content-targeted ads as well as text-based ads. Text-based ads, for this situation, can be loosely defined as ads that mimic AdWords ads or appear to be associated with AdWords ads on your site. We do allow affiliate or limited-text links.

They allow affiliate links. You just have to read through their terms

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

too many people are signing up for adsense... the pool of adsense sites is greater than the pool of advertisers. Consequently, revenue is down. So, no more "adsense is great" titles, please.

ABW Ambassador
    Witness, your comments can't be substantiated systemwide. Every industry is different and some are doing very well.

I can tell you for sure that, across many industries, click-thru rates are down -There is an increase in the number of PSA ads being shown. If you care to devulge an industry that has not followed this trend, I am all "eyes".

ABW Ambassador
    Can't specify an industry, but there are still quite a few comments about good Adsense revenue at http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum89/

Some say that CTR is down but revenue isn't, meaning they are seeing a higher EPC.

I have been using adsense since it started and my revenue and click through rates are just about the same (up a little bit) as they were at the start.

As far as putting affiliate links along side adsense ads, I use adsense only on my content sites where I removed all affiliate links. Until I have a clearer understanding of their rules I will keep them off my affiliate sites, don't want to jeopardize a good thing.

Radegast, yes they do pay. I have received two nice checks 1 for June, 1 for July and the August check should arrive by the end of this month or the beginning of next, if the last two months is typical of when they send checks.

When did Adsense start for partner sites ?

ABW Ambassador
    I believe June of 2003... that's as far back as my all time stats go & I think I joined right when it launched...
    Hi, I'm a signature.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Can't specify an industry, but there are still quite a few comments about good Adsense revenue <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some say the same about CJ, doesn’t mean it’s a good one.

my adsense income tracks in direct relation to the number of clicks per day on my content site. unfortunately my traffic right now is one third or less than when I signed up for adsense.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread