I just want to say that the AdSense pay reduction has hit me hard. In order to abide their disclosure guidelines I'll refrain from leaving any specific figures. Basically my Adsense/content pay has dropped by an exponential amount. Lately I switched back over to Fastclick on this particular site and my new .35 CPM is *much* better than Adsense was doing for me.

I'm just happy I've got my product sites, those really make Adsense worth it. It really seems AdSense has turned its back on non-sales content sites. This is what made it appealing in the first place, but no more.

Impression based ads never seem to die. Good thing I've still got Fastclick!

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

ABW Ambassador
    "I'm just happy I've got my product sites, those really make Adsense worth it. It really seems AdSense has turned its back on non-sales content sites. This is what made it appealing in the first place, but no more."

That makes sense. People visiting a product site are more apt to be in a buying mood when they click an adsense ad, so better conversions for the advertiser. People visiting non-sales content sites are more apt to be just looking for information so clicks from adsense ads on those sites probably convert less.

ABW Ambassador
    what pay reduction? it's only been going up for me, except one day when I moved a single ad and my revenue dropped by about 80% ...that's the only pay reduction I've seen :P
    Hi, I'm a signature.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Celicaphile:
    what pay reduction? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Yeah what pay reduction, where was this announced? BTW why doesn't AdSense have its own forum here, they are much bigger than CJ or any of the networks on this forum.

This was in reference to this post:

http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...89&m=615101843

- Scott

ABW Ambassador
    I'm having no such troubles.
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

Weis, do you have any content sites that don't sell products? This is the only place I'm seeing a difference.

- Scott

ABW Ambassador
    Snib,

I have the same CTR and I am getting less pay for each click. For me what I said in the last post is true. I don't think the program is bad, but it will get tighter IMHO.

Most people making more with adsense are excited to post about it. I would like to know if their income per click is the same, or are they just getting more clicks and looking at the dollar figure?

I calculate my CPM and it's very obvious that the CPM is on the rise for sales sites while it's on the decline for general content sites.

I've noticed a significant reduction in earnings per click, this on a product review site.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Dynamoo, seems the reduction doesn't apply to all product review sites. Earnings per click on my product review site have tripled in the last 7 days. In fact, today was a record high for this year.

Ray

15:1 Income to Expenses

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Snib:
    Weis, do you have any content sites that don't sell products? This is the only place I'm seeing a difference.

- Scott <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I have to say no, but I have a forum site with an addon store.

forums adsense &gt; store adsense. (Channels are a wonderful tool!)
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

My main site is a contact site and it's been going up and up with Adsense.

Last month, the last week seemed to be all PSA's but even then my earnings were up.

These first two weeks in May I'm quite pleased with the results. No loss of income here at all by far.

Of course, like anything, it can all change without warning I guess.

ABW Ambassador
    There are always fluctuations, but overall it's great.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread