Hi everyone I would like to talk about credit card security on the net, and see if in the US is the same.

I live in Australia, and everytime I want to buy advertising or anything on the net I have to call my bank and tell them who is the company that I am buying from and how much, after that the bank allows the transaction to go through, and after it is done the bank stops all other transactions from the net.

It is a very good system, BUT: Alot of my sales as an affiliate are reverse, or don't go through with most of the merchants I am with, and I was wondering if in the US or other countries the banks are using the same system.

Thanks

willie50

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Hello willie50,

This is probably an extra security feature that your bank has established with banks in the US to prevent fraud.

We do not have this problem here in US an all transnctions go through without approval first.

Call you bank and ask them to explain further.

thanks jrami for the info. I asked that question because alot of sales that I do get reversed, so I thought that maybe other countries used the same system, knowing that, I am going to delete alot of merchants from my sites.

thanks

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I live in Australia, and everytime I want to buy advertising or anything on the net I have to call my bank and tell them who is the company that I am buying from and how much, after that the bank allows the transaction to go through, and after it is done the bank stops all other transactions from the net. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Who are u with? I've NEVER heard of this - I certainly don't have this issue.

Suncorp

I'd say it's time to shop for a new bank. If that's not any easy situation for you...PayPal.

Good luck.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread