Good day,

This is my first post here, so if I do anything wrong, please openly correct me!

I have been an affiliate of magic items (hence the name) for a few years but am looking to branch off and sell other affiliate items, this looks like a GREAT site!

Two friends (and ex-co-workers) of mine work for a web hosting company, a very reputable company at that, which offers $40 per sale (after 30 active days, and after you accumulate $50 in sales).

So pretty much, you have to sell 2 accounts to get paid. I tried this, sold two accounts, and got a check for $80 (they pay once a month) or if you want free webhosting, they give you two months free per sale. So its a pretty sweet deal.

Now, they don't offer a tiered system, and I don't exactly want to give my little affiliate secret away for free Would anyone be interested in the URL to sign up for the affilate program for a small fee? Maybe $10 PayPal?

If they did have a tiered system, I could just put out a link for everyone to follow. If anyone is, in fact, interested ... please e-mail me:

jason@streetmagic.org

I'll let you know the PayPal address and answer any questions. All questions are welcomed!

I hope we all get rich off this, $40 a sale is really nice commission, and their web hosting plans start at around $12/month with a free domain name. Very appealing to the consumer!

Jason

ABW Ambassador
    Are you crazy? You want people to pay you $10 to get a url to sign up for an affiliate program

"This is my first post here, so if I do anything wrong, please openly correct me!"

The whole post. Wouldn't know where to start.

My appologies.

I thought $40 was really nice commision for a Web Hosting sale. I could be wrong though, I could also be wrong in assuming the information is worth $10.

Are there other affiliate programs that pay large amounts per sale?

ABW Ambassador
    I don't do hosting so i don't know what's considered a good sale, but i've seen the payouts much higher and all the programs you can join for free. So you're not going to be making any $10 fees today.

$10 of free advice - maybe this wasn't quite the right way to go about your first post. Perhaps you might have more luck opening a general discussion about whether it's worth trying to charge money for "hot merchant tips".

I don't think anyone is going to just give some stranger $10 because he made a whole $80 through a web hosting aff prog.

Many web hosting companies offer 200-600% commissions, basically offering affiliates the first 2-6 months of hosting revenue because they understand the ecomonics of the lifetime value of a hosting customer.

Maybe I should get out of the clothing biz.

heh, heh.

Ipowerweb pays $70 per sale.

Wow, you're right.

So my offer is moot, I thought I was on to something, that shows how much of a newbie I am

I have 1000 questions about creating an affiliate/dropship site, I'm a professional web developer, so web design/development skills aren't a problem.

Is there a thread somewhere on the board that is like an Introduction to this world?

I just read a post from a gentleman saying he makes 20k/month with an affiliate/dropship site. Is that really possible?

Amazing

Hi Jason - Just an OT side note...I was looking at your site...the Balducci Levitation has been discontinued. For those who don't know, it's how David Blain 'levitates' on his TV special....

I used to work for a very, very famous illusionist ...I know that trick...what is there to sell?!?!! There are no 'props' involved! It's the easiest trick in the book For $2 I'll tell anyone how to do it LOL.

Anyway, back to work....

Yes Yes, the balducci used to be an incredible feat of magic until it was exposed. There are a ton of other levitations out there ... if you get bored some day check out www.ellusionist.com and look at the "King Rising" ... that's incredible.

Just about all tricks have been exposed these days...thanks to our friends the world wide web and Fox TV! The Balducci still makes for a great party trick, though...a few drinks and a dark bar make for the perfect venue. I still freak out my niece everytime I do it.

I just checked out that site ..the king lev. looks great. I like the review where someone complains about spending $25 on a Balducci video!

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    >I'm a professional web developer, so web design/development skills aren't a problem.

If I had $10 Paypal every time I heard a professional web develop say they didn't have a design/development skill problem...

:^)

So maybe I should start a new thread, since this one is getting off-topic.

But can someone point me to a good thread about starting up as an affiliate/dropshipper? I have been wanting to do this for some time, but only found this site today. What a great resource!

Where do I start?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by streetmagic:
    I have 1000 questions about creating an affiliate/dropship site, I'm a professional web developer, so web design/development skills aren't a problem. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I can answer any question you have at a reasonable $5 a pop

LOL! How about we trade two questions for a URL!

ABW Ambassador
    "Now, they don't offer a tiered system, and I don't exactly want to give my little affiliate secret away for free Would anyone be interested in the URL to sign up for the affilate program for a small fee? Maybe $10 PayPal?"

Perhaps next time you have a little affiliate secret to share, maybe you should do some research first?

$40 for a web hosting affiliate program is pathetic. You want us to pay you $10 so you can give us the link?

I have never paid anyone anything to get any information about affiliate programs.

Were you really expecting people to pay you $10? This is a place for professional affiliates, not gullable fools

I've got lots of affiliate secrets for sale - $9.99 for everything. I'll give you lots of URL's too.

I also have lots of secrets about how to sign up with great programs like LL Bean, Tiger Direct, and - well who knows what you might get...

Fred

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spencer:
    Ipowerweb pays $70 per sale. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I believe it's $80 now
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread