Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Affiliate Manager Bradley.Senkovich's Avatar
    I agree with Trust. Florida would put more of a fight especially when we have the ability to squeeze money out of tourists. Most people are down here for two reasons: no income tax and beautiful beaches/weather.

Yes... Orlando crime is much worse per capita then most places... i think we placed 11th most dangerous in the nation? It's embarrasing...

The other thing to consider is our forclosure rates are high. That means there are a lot of bank owned properties that they are wanting to get off the books. So it's a buyers market. Just don't get involved with forclosures, stick to bank owned.

Alagators... I grew up on water front properties all my life. just don't go in where they are, especially if you can't see the bottom of the water... (which is most of florida...)

you forget we have mosquito's large enough to carry away a small child...

I couldn't imagine myself anywhere else. it's beautiful 10.5 months out of the year. Hurricanes are managable... just move inland.

Desperate times means desperate measures...
    Noticed a lot of home break in over the last 2 years, especially in REO and Bank Owned homes going into foreclosure...vacation homes that are not managed well and out of gated communities are at high risk.

Certified Affiliate Manager sunshiner's Avatar
    Beware of the foreclosures here though, I understand the banks are lumping them together, like, you get 3 for the price of one....2 dumps and an ok house.
    Cindy Ballard, VP of Operations, Greg Hoffman Consulting
    Follow Me on Twitter @cingroomer
    My blog, www.oldfartlife.com

I miss sand.

Certified Affiliate Manager sunshiner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hoffman Consulting View Post
    I miss sand.
    I'll bring ya some next week.
    Cindy Ballard, VP of Operations, Greg Hoffman Consulting
    Follow Me on Twitter @cingroomer
    My blog, www.oldfartlife.com

Concerning the affiliate tax, Florida will have a more pro-business admin government because of the midterm elections. That may translate into less interest in pushing for the affiliate tax (HB1443). But with shuttle retirement and the bad housing market, money is going to have to come from somewhere.
    (On a side note, I've lived in Houston. The palmetto bugs are much larger there than in Florida!)

Florida and tax. .
    I know the thread is old, but I wanted to offer some personal experience regarding Florida tax and the affiliate.. i am just now starting.

As for Florida and Amazon or Ebay.. they wont come running after you with fines and all that. I can tell you that Florida will ask that you pay a tax for every 6 months only for what sells in Florida. The wife has had a Amazon thing since 2003 that has traveled from North Carolina , Virginia and now in Florida. Virginia I have to say was the worse for tax and start up license. Otherwise..she might pay $40 the 6 months. And this is where Florida is weird, to pay your business tax .. goto your local DMV or tax office..

Hope this stays on topic and helps.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123