Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    How do I get a coupon listed in a coupon datafeed?
    I would like to submit a coupon to as many of the large datafeeds as possible, but I dont know where to start.
    Does it cost money?
    Do I have to be an employee of the company (I am a coupon affiliate) and use that website's email address?

Its sort of moot since business for me is during the holidays, but I'd like to be better prepared for next year.

The coupon is for a company that has affiliate programs with CJ.com, avantlink, google; nearly every coupon site lists this company's coupons.

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Merchants include coupons in coupon datafeeds, not affiliates. Affiliates take those coupon datafeeds and include that data on their website(s).

I understand that process. I was given a coupon by the company and promote it. It took a few months and the code had received about 5000 entries throughout the web and it is still not listed at some coupon sites.

Is there a way to, as an affiliate, have my coupon added to the larger datafeeda. Who should I contact, cj, or are there other companies. There isn't too much info that I have found online.

Coupon datafeeds are used by other affiliates, they are not going to promote "your" coupon as is. When you find "your" coupon on other coupon sites, check to see if it is still "yours". It is up to you to promote your coupon if you want the commission.

Quote Originally Posted by ben928
    Is there a way to, as an affiliate, have my coupon added to the larger datafeeda.
    Not unless your a merchant with a coupon, but not as an affiliate..

Maybe I haven't finished my 4th cup of coffee yet or maybe I'm just confused. You, as an affiliate, want to list your coupons in datafeeds so other affiliates would pick it up and then you get paid? I think I need stronger coffee.

The commissions are stackable for my coupon. Many of you are hosting my coupon and we both make money when the customers buy using your link ad my coupon.

There must be some feeds that I can submit coupons into. Even just one would save me a lot of time.

What are the popular data feeds, I can contact them on my own.

The commissions are stackable for my coupon. Many of you are hosting my coupon and we both make money when the customers buy using your link ad my coupon.
    For which merchant ben?

For competitve reasons I don't want to list the merchant here.

What are the more popular free and paid coupon datafeeds?

I take it that many of you aren't aware of this type of coupon marketing that I am involved with.

There must be some feeds that I can submit coupons into. Even just one would save me a lot of time.

What are the popular data feeds, I can contact them on my own.
    I doubt anyone is knowingly hosting your coupon.

What are the more popular free and paid coupon datafeeds?

I take it that many of you aren't aware of this type of coupon marketing that I am involved with.
    Since you are here asking where you can submit your coupon i don't think you are all that aware of that type of coupon marketing either. Never heard of such a thing as affiliates posting their coupons to other coupon sites, or any free or paid coupon datafeeds, with the exception of sites that scrape other sites's coupons without permission.
    I don't know of any such scheme like you are talking about, don't think it exists unless it is something shady.

Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    Since you are here asking where you can submit your coupon i don't think you are all that aware of that type of coupon marketing either.
    Thank you. That needed saying.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Affiliate Manager affiliateaholic's Avatar
    confused

Affiliate Manager ParadigmWilliam's Avatar
    More than likely you will not be able to have the coupon be submitted through the network as an affiliate. This could be because that coupon was meant for you and may have tracking tied to it that will give only you commission and override any affiliate link.

You could try to redistribute your coupon on other coupon sites that welcome user contributed coupons.

What datafeeds do you all use for integrating large numbers of coupons into your sites?

For those who work for companies that provide coupon datafeeds, can you please let me know how to submit a new coupon to your feed.

Willing to pay for these services, even to a 3rd party to help me out.

Ben are you the person who contacted me to list the free shipping coupon SR0633 for Calendars.com?

I was under the impression you had something to do with Calendars.com and not an affiliate trying to distribute an exclusive coupon inwhich you would get the commission for.

If i've got the wrong end of the stick can you please clarify.

Lee

http and a telephoto
    Ben, you need to clarify if you are an affiliate manager working for a merchant or if you are an affiliate.

It is a very important distinction and people are confused about that right now.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Icodes - I am distributing the coupon for close friends. The people are not affiliates of calendars.com but franchisers of retail outlets. Earlier in the thread I said that "we both get a commission," my deal with these franchisers does not always include money, sometimes I crash at their place and get a few beers.

Loxly - just call me "coupon distributor," at your service.

The problem is with us we distribute 'valid network only coupons' to other affiliates via feeds, and do not want anything else included for obvious reasons... the main one is that the affiliate want 100% of the commission, not shared by another affiliate without their consent.

As i'm still not entirly clear about what your coupon is exactly i've expired it in our system.

Lee

ICodes - I hope we can work together and resolve this.

The coupon is valid across the network and on every Calendars.com purchase. If their is an affiliate clickthrough, and the free shipping coupon is used (value of about $4 or more), then the affiliate gets paid 100% commission as usual.

I guess the affiliates need to decide:
    Do I help customers get free shipping and forgoe the commission on the shipping revenue, or do I hide this coupon from them and try to make the commission on the shipping costs.

Icodes, would you like to continue this in our email thread? I really hope we can get back onto your site.

Quote Originally Posted by ben928 View Post
    The coupon is valid across the network and on every Calendars.com purchase. If their is an affiliate clickthrough, and the free shipping coupon is used (value of about $4 or more), then the affiliate gets paid 100% commission as usual.
    ben928, I'm not sure that you understand how this works from an affiliate standpoint. We're paid only on sales that originate from click throughs that contain our affiliate ID. A generic coupon that isn't made available specifically to affiliates through the network's or merchant's affiliate interface will not contain our tracking code. When a user clicks through on your coupon, no commission will be paid to affiliates.

I guess the affiliates need to decide:
    Do I help customers get free shipping and forgoe the commission on the shipping revenue, or do I hide this coupon from them and try to make the commission on the shipping costs.
    The issue isn't whether we want to stand in the way of a customer receiving free shipping or not. The issue is whether we receive our commission and whether we violate a merchant's terms by displaying an unauthorized coupon. Most of us aren't in this business to earn "a few beers". In fact this is the livelihood for many of us. If that makes us seem mercenary or greedy, so be it. I'm not in this business to be altruistic. I have bills to pay and since crashing on someones couch isn't really an option I need to continue making money at this.

I think you need to find other ways to promote "your" coupon. If Calendars.com wants to make a coupon available to affiliates they'll do it through their traditional network channels.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Rematt - you claim that if an affiliate URL is clicked through and this coupon is used, then the affiliate does not receive a commission.

Please tell me where you get your info.

I have been dealing with this for multiple years now and in all cases affiliates of calendars.com earn their commission when this coupon is used, as long as their affiliate URL is clicked through.

...a good deed never goes unpunished.

And affiliates like fatwallet, and retailmenot have been posting said coupons for years without violating the TOS.

Rematt - you claim that if an affiliate URL is clicked through and this coupon is used, then the affiliate does not receive a commission.
    Ben, apparently your comprehension isn't all that it should be (must be the beer). Notice I said if the COUPON IS CLICKED that the affiliate will not receive commission unless it contains their ID. Unless you have access to and are supplying coupon sites with their affiliate ID, they will not receive commission when a user clicks through on the coupon. Last affiliate click gets the commission, so if a user clicks through to the merchant's site from one of my affiliate links and then clicks the coupon on a coupon site without an affiliate link, I get the commission. Apparently you also get paid based on the code used. Which is pretty dishonest on your part to promote a coupon to affiliates that appears to be pretty self serving.

I have been dealing with this for multiple years now and in all cases affiliates of calendars.com earn their commission when this coupon is used, as long as their affiliate URL is clicked through. .
    WHEN THEIR AFFILIATE URL IS CLICKED. Which is not contained in the generic coupon that you are distributing. Are you suggesting users should click the coupon AND my URL just to make sure that I'm paid?

...a good deed never goes unpunished. .
    I'll comment on that as soon as I see a good deed. So far all I've seen is your attempt to make "beer money" at the expense of affiliates.

-rematt

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast