Should I get the Droid?
    I am so over my Blackberry Curve and have decided that I am going to upgrade sooner rather than later. I'm on Verizon so the iPhone is not an option.

Does anyone have the Droid phone yet? Do you like it? What don't you like?

There is a discussion already here: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...ighlight=Droid

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

I love my droid, like you I was on Verizon and didn't want to change to another service. I really have no complaints at all, except I had to reboot the phone twice. It has its quirks like a blackberry, but if you like using Gmail and Google products I would switch in a heartbeat.

You should also see if you are eligible for an additional rebate, My contract was up when I renewed and got the droid. Loxly upgraded the next day and she got an additional $50 rebate when she extended the contract she already had.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Jill (the other half of GirlyChecks) switched from Verizon to ATT just so she could get the iPhone. The switch was made three days before we went to Summit. Her comment was basically that she waited too long to pull the trigger. You could ask her what she thinks via PM or on FaceBook...

At the same time I upgraded from an original iPhone to the newest 3Gs. I, too, waited far too long. This new iPhone is great! IMHO nothing compares. YMMV
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

I like my Milestone, that's the GSM version of the DROID... the main difference is that it doesn't come with the new Google Maps but it *is* multitouch.

It can be a bit fiddly to use, it takes some practice to get used to the keyboard and to stop pressing things accidentally. And the battery life is woeful.. you need to charge it every day! But it's a darned good alternative to the iPhone.

I have a video review even, right here: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...F9193A4E0661EC
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Thanks for the insight - will go check out the other thread, too.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    There is a discussion already here: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...ighlight=Droid
    Nexus One is a different animal, it is more like the Droid Eris (I think that is the right name).

Vinny is right, we love our Droids, I refuse to use an iPhone because I need a real keyboard, the Droid is pretty much an iPhone with extra keyboards

Bill, she said an iPhone was not an option because she is on Verizon.

The 3g is awesome, I have more coverage than I had with my Blackberry, the speakerphone is beyond compare and the apps are plenty for what I need. Camera is ok in daylight and has a flash, but not great indoors. Video is also great outside and in bright light.

Calls are rarely dropped, but battery life does suck. I leave mine plugged in when sitting at my desk using it as a speaker phone. When at a conference where it is locked and screen is off, it lasts the whole day but needs charging at night.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Affiliate Manager
    I just got rid of the BB curve and got the HTC Hero. The keys are so small on the BB that I got used to typing with my nails. I am having a hard time typing on the Hero because I can't type with my nails. Have to type with finger tips and I am always touching the wrong keys.

With the curve, I could delete an email just on the phone or delete an email on the phone and the inbox. I have not figured out how to do this on the Hero. Sometimes I like to delete a message on the phone but leave it in email so when I get back to the office I can reply.

Well, the rumours are that there's a Google Nexus Two in the offing, made by Motorola and based on the DROID. The keyboard on the Nexus Two spyshots looks better, but there's nothing really confirmed yet.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Thanks for all the input. It looks like I may have to wait a bit anyhow. I am not eligible for an upgrade until later this summer. UGH.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by keystrokes
    Thanks for all the input. It looks like I may have to wait a bit anyhow. I am not eligible for an upgrade until later this summer. UGH.
    I wasn't eligible for an upgrade either and I got a $100 rebate off the $199 price and Vinny, who *was* eligible for the upgrade paid $149 for his. I would call and ask, OR go to a Verizon store. I went in person to the Verizon store.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread