News from the Offline Coupon World
    As some of you know, I am a huge "offline" couponer (saved $248.58 at Kroger this week ).

I go to various sites to match up sales and coupons, many of these sites have forums. I like to read them to get information but it is so hard to go from this forum to those forums. Those forums are filled with "eBates is wonderful", "Make sure you have a uPromise account", "Be sure to shop through My Points".

I actually find that I can't post on those forums. It would make me feel "unfaithful" to you guys. But at the same time, there is really no point in trying to explain to those folks how these places make their commissions. Trust me, it would be easier to explain animal rights to the guy with antlers on his wall.

Anyway, and this one isn't new, but the "new" big talk is about SwagBucks. I can't quite tell if this one is a bad guy or not. It is a toolbar download but I don't know if it overwrites cookies. I can only find one post here at ABW about them and it's from 2008. Do you guys know much about them?

ABW Ambassador
    Don't know about swagbucks but if you ever want to start a thread on this:

"I am a huge "offline" couponer (saved $248.58 at Kroger this week)."

That would be cool. $248.58 in one week? Last year sometime somebody linked to my coupon site and I was checking their blog out and they were doing some stuff like this and had videos showing their receipts on how much they saved on groceries. Remember this is something I want to learn. I know they had some sites you could pay to join and stuff like that, don't know if that's what you're doing, but didn't know if they were legit or not. Found it, they were talking about - http://www.thegrocerygame.com

If you want, I will start another thread on it.

I did still spend $100 there which is way more than usual, but I really stocked up -- 2 carts filled top and bottom. My Kroger store doubles coupons so that helps a lot.

I like to tell my husband that it's my "part-time job" since it's money we wouldn't have otherwise.

ABW Ambassador
    "If you want, I will start another thread on it."

That would great, I'm up for any tips. Spending a $100 for for almost $350 in groceries is incredible. I've clipped coupons before from the Sunday paper and always use coupons for pizza or always finding the best deal on stuff like 12 packs of Coke, stuff like that, but that's about as deep as I went and I know there are people out there saving all kinds of money. Double coupons, I have to find out if there are any stores around here that do it, we have plenty of Krogers, so have to check em out.

Trust, I have a thread here. Warning: it's long and rambling!

My wife used to be able to do this when some of our local stores took expired coupons -and- doubled them. Unfort, they stopped doing this and she eventually 'retired' from this a few years back -- but it sure was a hoot to save 50-75% with each shopping trip!!

Way to go Bettylou -- I'll check out your other thread and see if we can learn a few new tricks.

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Don't know about swagbucks but if you ever want to start a thread on this:

"I am a huge "offline" couponer (saved $248.58 at Kroger this week)."

That would be cool. $248.58 in one week? Last year sometime somebody linked to my coupon site and I was checking their blog out and they were doing some stuff like this and had videos showing their receipts on how much they saved on groceries. Remember this is something I want to learn. I know they had some sites you could pay to join and stuff like that, don't know if that's what you're doing, but didn't know if they were legit or not. Found it, they were talking about - http://www.thegrocerygame.com

+1

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

I am a big coupon nut. Save weekly at the grocery stores. I also use Swagbucks, but I don't shop through it unless I earn a gift card. My holiday shopping was basically free this year because of using them for search.

I have made purchases elsewhere with the Swagbucks toolbar downloaded on my computer. Several tracked properly through my site. Some did not, but that is business as usual. I doubt it had anything to do w/ Swagbucks.

I know what you mean about the forums full of ebate fans and you are so right -- they not only don't get it, but don't care really, as long as they can save money.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Quote Originally Posted by leeann
    I am a big coupon nut. Save weekly at the grocery stores. I also use Swagbucks, but I don't shop through it unless I earn a gift card. My holiday shopping was basically free this year because of using them for search.

I have made purchases elsewhere with the Swagbucks toolbar downloaded on my computer. Several tracked properly through my site. Some did not, but that is business as usual. I doubt it had anything to do w/ Swagbucks.

I know what you mean about the forums full of ebate fans and you are so right -- they not only don't get it, but don't care really, as long as they can save money.
    You rock! I always thought you were cool, leeann, but now I a totally new respect for you.

Ahh..from one coupon clipper to another -- ditto on the rock ;-) It's funny how people will go crazy over an online free shipping coupon code, but can't imagine taking coupons to the grocery store where they can cut their food bill in half or even more with about an hour a week of effort. It's habit for me now as I'm sure it is for you bettylou. Plus it's fun.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    bettylou if you are allowed to link to another forum without losing your membership try starting a thread titled: The real truth about Ebates and them here: http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=167

Then just step back and leave it alone. If they are so loyal to Ebates they will surely start reading. It may not make a bit of difference but at least you will have tried.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread