My name in Merchant URL?
    While checking some links, I found that after the redirections go thru from clickserve.cc-dt. com to the merchants website, my name is in part of the url.

I've seen my publisher ID in many other links and networks, but never my name.

Is this normal for some GAN merchants?
    I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Bud Lite than Kay.

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Hello,

Merchants add parameters to their links to track additional analytics information. Depending on what your site name in our system is, they are probably passing site name in the link. This is common. You can always change your site name if it is currently personal.

Thank you,

Jamie

I made changes to test and it is the "Display" name that is showing in the URL.

This is the name you want displayed to advertisers in the interface. This is typically a company name or web site name.
    A short note that merchants could use the display name in their urls would be useful information to publishers. Even if it just prevents someone else from having to ask again.

Putting a website name in there is fine if you only have one website and/or only one merchant placing that parameter in their url. My guess is that merchants would want to see the website name/address as an easy way to see where the clicks originated from.

But at the same time, this could be confusing for a website visitor to see a different website name there if it were different than the one they just clicked from.

At lot of words for a small problem... I decided to place only part of my name there.

Thanks Jamie for your help.
    I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Bud Lite than Kay.

http and a telephoto
    That is, to me, a privacy issue and shouldn't be happening. I would suggest that GAN rethink this policy and prevent merchants from using an affiliate's real name in any way that is displayed on websites.

Alternatively, that needs to be communicated widely to GAN affiliates so they can start cloaking links that include personal information.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread