Have you seen this - blog posts created from forum content
    Just saw something interesting for the first time. Awhile back we had posted some battery answers in a forum or possible in Yahoo answers. I was doing some poking around today and found the original question (and our response) posted on a blog as blog posts. So the question has been copied in as a new blog post, and our answer was posted as a response to that blog post. I found it on at least two "blogs". Exact same Q&A.

So maybe I am behind a little. THat just sucks.
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

Wow.. Great idea.. Time to work on a new website!!

I've ran across some like that over the last couple of weeks. I think I found them through the Google Alerts that I receive, which sends me alot of CRAPpy websites from deep results.

Sorry that your words are being duplicated.

Do they really make any money off of copying everyone else's stuff?
    I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Bud Lite than Kay.

Unfortunately I am sure they do - esp. if they can mass produce quickly. I'd imagine a blog that looks like it updates often (even if it is stolen content) ranks pretty high. I'd think duplicate content checking algorithms are only going to work so well
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

http and a telephoto
    If there is an RSS feed available, anyone can post it on a blog with an RSS importer. That is why there are lots of plugins now for WP that allow you to add info to every post that is in an RSS feed, and why you want to make sure your RSS feed is limited to a few posts and to excerpts and not full posts, if you don't want your content available to be used on other sites.

For sites out of your control, like Yahoo answers or someone's forum, be sure to understand that your content may be taken off there and used elsewhere. I refuse to upload images it Flickr any more because they make your rss of your images available to be grabbed by anyone, and displayed pretty much without attribution.

RSS allows for syndication, but you can't control syndication if you post on places other than your own sites.

Almost all forums have an RSS feed of posts. Every blog has an RSS.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Google Reader has a new function that allows you to basically create an RSS feed for any site that doesn't have one.
    If a user attempts to subscribe to a page that does not publish a feed, Reader will automatically generate a feed so that updates can be seen in Reader
    Not having an RSS feed won't protect you.

John

http and a telephoto
    Hopefully that is a limited function that won't actually allow the feed to be autoblogged.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread