Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    GSI Merchants Opening Up On Pepperjam, Leaving Linkshare
    Just in case you didn't get the emails for whatever reason, bunch of GSI merchants are going from LS to Pepperjam. All the sporting goods merchants it looks like, some clothing ones like Speedo USA, Calvin Klein Underwear etc.

ABW Ambassador
    This is expected as PJN has been acquired by GSI.
    It is just a matter of time that all GSI managed will be under PJN slowly.
    I met the GSI rep at LS Symp and that's the direction over the time!

I was prepared not to like PJ, but I'm liking the response time from everyone I've had dealings with thus far.

I really hate changing networks though. For MLB it will be the third time.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughTurkey
    I was prepared not to like PJ, but I'm liking the response time from everyone I've had dealings with thus far.

I really hate changing networks though. For MLB it will be the third time.
    Same here, had no choice but to sign up since they have merchants I need, so will give them a try.

http and a telephoto
    Just be aware that your personal information (all of it) is visible to *all* merchants on the platform, whether you have joined them or not.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Kris Jones is still shown as President & CEO so isn't it still business as usual at PJN?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Just be aware that your personal information (all of it) is visible to *all* merchants on the platform, whether you have joined them or not.
    PJN is one of the few networks I won't work with, and this policy is one of the main reasons.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

The account managers at Pepperjam are more helpful and responsive than those at any other network I've ever dealt with. And that's saying a lot, considering a a certain few that they compare favorably to in this regard.

As far as "personal information" goes, what's wrong with disclosing the same "business contact" info that should be made public by any business entity anyway?
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by davidh
    As far as "personal information" goes, what's wrong with disclosing the same "business contact" info that should be made public by any business entity anyway?
    I don't consider my Social Security number to be something that people I am not working with should have access to. I also like to control who has my phone number. There is no way to hide that information from people that aren't your partners. It is different to have it available to merchants I would be working with and merchants/AMs/OPMs I don't know and don't plan to work with.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    I don't consider my Social Security number to be something that people I am not working with should have access to. I also like to control who has my phone number. There is no way to hide that information from people that aren't your partners. It is different to have it available to merchants I would be working with and merchants/AMs/OPMs I don't know and don't plan to work with.
    Where's that at again, I'd like to go thru it. Don't remember if it was in some thread here or somewhere in the PJ interface.

But like David said, I have a pretty responsive network manager, helped me out already.

You sure they can see it? In my account it's listed like:

Tax ID xxxxxxx1234

http and a telephoto
    When I took over management of a program a few months ago, they were on PJ in addition to Shareasale. I was able to see all. I didn't screenshot or copy the info because I didn't want to have it. This was for affiliates that were NOT part of my program. I did a search just to see what the recruiting tools were like, and was pretty shocked at the info I had access too. Maybe after GSI's laywers took a look they decided to hide the Social, which would be an improvement.

If you understand and are aware and want to work with them, that's great. I just don't think most affiliates know exactly who has access to their info, because they are used to opting in to sharing, not expecting it to be out there for anyone that has a merchant account or access to a merchant account.

davidh - I'm glad they are helpful I know there are a lot of people that do make money with PJ. Maybe GSI reviewed some policies and made changes. Either way, as long as you are aware of who has access and agree to it, great.

I know when I signed up as an affiliate back when they announced their forum here, I didn't see in the TOS that everyone had access. I actually canceled my affiliate account with them because I was getting inappropriate recruiting emails and the only way to stop the network newsletter was to close the account. Which required a phone call and many emails to accomplish.

The merchant I manage closed there account there in November so I no longer have access to check the current status.

Well I applied for a new account at Pepperjam Network to get my old sports programs (the ones that left Linkshare).

I've been waiting for over a week and no responsiveness noticed as yet. Account not activated.
    :coffeetim

Question
    Can anyone confirm or give an update ..

Does Social Security # show up or not .. as noted in the previous threads ..
    Last edited by Georgie Peri; February 20th, 2010 at 10:34 AM. Reason: question already answered
    OpA! Giasou Ti kanies!

Affiliate Network Rep
    The 'Recruit Partners" section of Pepperjam Network DOES NOT provide merchants with access to Social Security information, phone number, or affiliate e-mail.

The ONLY information made available to PJN merchants as part of the Recruit Partners feature include (1) Transparency Rating, (2) Contact Name with a link to use Pepperjam Chat to interact with the prospective affiliate, (3) Company Name, (4) Company Category, (5) Web Site(s) (6) Web Site Description, and (7) Promotional Methods.

The merchant has the ability to extend an offer to the prospective affiliate.

The affiliate has the ability to accept, decline, or negotiate the offer.

Please let us know if you have any other questions on this topic.

Best of luck!

What additional information is made available to the merchant AFTER an affiliate has accepted an offer?

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Affiliate Network Rep
    rematt,

Additional information provided to the merchant once an affiliate is accepted into his / her program include: (1) Primary e-mail, (2) Secondary e-mail, (3) Mailing Address, (4) Primary Phone number, (5) Secondary Phone number, (6) fax, if applicable, and (7) Affiliate ID.

There is also a quick summary of affiliate performance, as well as any program terms that have been extended to the affiliate.

Note that the above is ALL the additional information provided to the merchant once the affiliate is accepted into the affiliate program. Note that the affiliate's social security number IS NOT provided to the merchant even after the affiliate is accepted into the program.

Do not hesitate to ask any follow up questions.

Thanks.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Pjnetwork, are you an employee of Pepperjam? Only asking because we haven't seen you here and don't know your name.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

The user account would have been banned/deleted by now if the registration hadn't been confirmed from a genuine PJ email address.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

I just think a network representative should use a name and/or title, especially if transparency is part of the philosophy.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mellie
    I just think a network representative should use a name and/or title, especially if transparency is part of the philosophy.
    Same old same old with them - their last time around on ABW one of their poster's usernames was just "pepperjam".
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    Usernames can be changed. Michael can verify when he gets a chance and update the name.

I'm glad to see someone from PJ back in here. I have found them pretty easy to get along with.

It is someone from PepperJam. I'll let them decide on whether to reveal who it is and what username to use, although I recommend transparency as well.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

The only issue I am having with PJ is not a real issue at all. It is the number of people that are communicating with me! Between TA and PJ I have the names of 5 people that have all assisted me.

There's the old contact at GSI/TA, the PJ rep overseeing the changeover, my very own PJ network manager, and the NHL program manager. I'm sure there was someone else in the mix too that I am forgetting, I think maybe the janitor checked in with me too.

I may be drinking the kool-aid but it's tasting just fine to me so far.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast